So Saturday was my very first ever band interview with Tell Lie Vision.
I wasn't particularly nervous until a few of us from the budding writers team sneaked into the Esplanade office's conference room to see the budding bands for the first time, receiving their own briefing on how to answer interview questions.
Then a friend next to me turned and whispered, "Wow, I wasn't nervous just now, but now I am, seeing this." And that was when I realized that I was nervous too.
Fortunately, TLV was really friendly. Not for the first time in my life, I was struck by how socially adept poly kids can be.
The interview went really well- the band gave serious answers but still managed to pepper the interview with jokes, and I now have more than enough material to write my assignment.
(went to write my assignment and now I'm back yay)
Anyways, point is, what really stuck with me was when the lead singer said, "To be honest, I hate small talk. This is the most that you will ever see me talk, because I really don't like it." And he said this with an expression that showed that he really meant it.
I can relate to that because I don't like small talk either. But I thought what was inspiring was that despite that, he still goes out of his comfort zone to talk, because he knows interviews are important, and if he really wants this, he has to do it.
Was overall really inspired by the level of determination and drive that not just he, but everyone else in the band has.
Wishing the best of luck to this band and all their future endeavours
No comments:
Post a Comment