Wednesday, May 3, 2017

I know it's been a while

Hi

If you are reading this fresh post... you must be my biggest fan

Hi jiams

Sooo it's been another month since I last updated, and so many things have happened I don't even know where to start

Trip to Scottish Highlands > Edinburgh > Aberdeen > Glasgow > Amsterdam > Brussels > Prague > Bratislava > Budapest was

A M A Z I N G

Thoroughly enjoyed myself those 3 weeks. Felt like the best time of my life. Only regrets: Didn't spend enough time in Edinburgh and Glasgow. Edinburgh was so beautiful! Glasgow was also beautiful but in its own way, idk how to explain it but the city just has this run-down charm. I think I just love Scotland. Would totally go back. And the Scot Highlands tour was bomb, so was Aberdeen which for some reason has the same grey buildings everywhere, and also their beach which was really quiet yet nice. Seagulls and strong winds were everywhere though. But loved Aberdeen for its quietness.

Amsterdam was very touristy and 'youngin' as Jess (my travel buddy up till Brussels) puts it, also very shady. Technically we also visited Den Hague because our airbnb was there (Ams airbnbs and hostels were way too expensive), which looked like a great place to live.

Also went to Keukenhof tulip gardens- very beautiful but not sure if worth my 24 euros since I'm not the type to take lots of pretty pictures, went there mostly just to see see. It was too crowded too, and that kinda marred the experience for me. Beautiful tulips nonetheless

Van Gogh museum was pretty rad but we got in late and I didn't have time to leisurely finish going around :(

Didn't have much to do in Brussels. Ate belgium waffles which I think are overrated, went to 3 museums (I fell in love with Magritte museum), found a place that served great value Chinese food.

Flew alone from Brussels to Prague which was pretty scary. Made it to my hostel in Prague in one piece, where I met up with Lianne and Clarissa. Prague was also really touristy albeit beautiful (LOL this must be most used word in this post), preferred Cesky Krumlov which was quieter and food was pretty dang cheap especially compared to Prague. Also it snowed while we were there and while it looked amazing, it was really freezing

Bratislava was great, especially the food which was cheap and good. Budapest was a great way to end the trip, it would have been one of my favourite cities ever if not for the locals who were pretty unfriendly and occasionally rude. The food was the cheapest out of all the cities. Found a Chinese place with amazing noodles (we went there twice hahaha) and I had probably the best pasta I've ever had there, which only cost SGD6.

Okay time to clean my room and cook dinner bye

No comments: