Yesterday was another crazy day, me and Jiams went to Baybeats @ Esplanade!
Baybeats is an annual 3-day music event held at different venues at the Esplanade where bands perform from 6pm to after 12am.
We were at kembangan MRT station yesterday on our way to kallang to buy Jiams' floorball stick when she told me about Baybeats and asked if I wanted to go.
I said sounds cool and asked when and she replied, "tonight." me: "TONIGHT?!"
So yeah but of course we still went. It's an annual thing!
Baybeats was amazing, me and Jiams went to the Arena first and the very first set we watched was a band called Anechois. They were really great, but kind of like indie rock and it wasn't my cup of tea. But still great.
We watched maybe six or seven bands throughout the night, and one of my favourites was a band called Cashew Chemists that had a 70s-pop vibe. Think I Get Around by Beach Boys and That Thing You Do by The Wonders.
Catchy basslines and memorable hooks. Very lovely band. And in the background there was the Singapore River and it was dusk and there were the occasional fireworks because there happened to be a rehearsal for NDP. Such a pretty setting :')
I actually only have two favourites, the other was THE most amazing three-man band I have ever seen in my life.
Everyone in the band was drop-dead talented. The frontman played guitar and had such incredible skill omg. The bassist was nuts. The drummer was downright crazy!
Halfway through one of their songs there was a glitch and the guitarist couldn't be heard suddenly, and while the crew was trying to fix the problem, the bassist and drummer just kept going damn.
Sadly they weren't a local band. They were called PLOT and they're actually Thai. They could barely form proper sentences in English during the short intervals they stopped playing between songs but when they played, everyone just went crazy. Shows that music really is the universal language :')
Jiams and I really enjoyed ourselves. Definitely going to Baybeats again next year, if we can find the time! :/
So my four-day break from after exams is coming to a close. Next week we'll probably be getting back all our papers and it'll be back to school and work again.
Oh and it's also July 1st. I think June passed by really quickly. Like I didn't even have time to process the fact that May was over, and now it's July already.
But honestly, I enjoyed June although I spent most of it studying for my SAs and taking exams. It feels different from all the past June holidays, but great nonetheless. It was also awesome to conclude June with the break right after exams :)
I hope July will be just as fun-filled and interesting.
BYE
~
No comments:
Post a Comment