[Chorus - Will.i.am and Martin Luther King]
(I am happy... I Have a Dream)
I got a Dream (That One Day )
We're gonna work it out out out (That One Day )
We're gonna work it out out out (That One Day )
We're gonna work it out (I Have a Dream)
I got a Dream (That One Day )
We're gonna work it out out out (That One Day )
We're gonna work it out out out (That One Day )
We're gonna work it out (I Have a Dream)
I got a Dream (That One Day)
That one day (That One Day)
I'ma look deep within myself (I Have a Dream)
I gotta find a way...
My Dream Is To Be Free-
My Dream Is To Be-
My Dream Is To Be-
My Dream Is To Be Free
[Verse 1]
In search of brighter days,
I ride through the maze of the madness,
Struggle is my address, where pain and crack lives,
Gunshots comin' from sounds of Blackness,
Given this game with no time to practice,
Born on the Black list, told I'm below average,
A life with no cabbage,
That's no money if you from where I'm from, Funny,
I just want some of your sun
Dark clouds seem to follow me,
Alcohol that my pops swallowed bottled me, No apology,
I walk with a boulder on my shoulder,
It's a Cold War - I'm a colder soldier,
Hold the same fight that made Martin Luther the King,
I ain't usin' it for the right thing,
In between Lean and the fiens, hustle and the schemes,
I put together pieces of a Dream-
I still have one
[Chorus]
[Verse 2]
The world's seen me lookin' in the mirror,
Images of me, gettin' much clearer,
Dear Self, I wrote a letter just to better my soul,
If I don't express it then forever I'll hold,
inside I'm from a side where we out of control,
Rap music in the 'hood played a fatherly role,
My story's like yours, yo it gotta be told,
Tryna make it from a gangsta to a godlier role,
Read scrolls and stow slaves,
And Jewish people in cold cage,
Hate has no color or age, flip the page,
Now my rage became freedom,
Writin' dreams in the dark, they far but I can see 'em,
I believe in Heaven more than Hell, Blessings more than jail,
In the ghetto let love prevail, With a story to tell,
my eyes see the glory and well,
The world waitin' for me to yell "I Have a Dream"
[Chorus]
~
I Have A Dream by Common, produced by Will.I.Am.
the part where they say 'I have a dream' is actually
from the actual footage of Martin Luther King's speech
'I have a dream.' he is an amazing, extraordinary guy.
he totally devoted his life to the belief of non-violence,
& that all blacks should be treated as equally as whites.
& Rosa Parks & the little schoolgirl too,
they were right in not giving up their 'For Whites Only'
bus seats to those white people.
well anyway, i guess i'm just gonna blog about today (:
woke up as usual, & finally for like the very first time,
elaine & i went to school together in a bus. hahah.
1st time, the bus was too cramped & we couldn't sit together.
2nd time, i missed the bus by a few seconds.
3rd time, she woke up late & i had to go to school by myself.
lol Fate is making fun of us! -random-
k, so 1st period was geog. charles went through water pollution.
then double period dnt. quite interesting. o.o
sian there's a dnt test next week though. ><
then recess! opened stall & did duty with kenneth, barah & freda peh i think.
then hcl. huanglaoshi didn't come (:
totally slacked. joshua pwee & christine were fighting, literally.
smacking & hitting each other. super noisy.
double period science was pok. damn boring!
but can tell that mr ong was trying his best.
his teaching has definitely improved a lot (:
for once, i actually paid attention leh!
kk, then last period of the day was fti.
the boys were making racist jokes again o.o
then school was over. yay!
there was some sec2 discipline meeting thing,
at tutorial room 3 & conducted by our presidents
pris & yuping (:
hahah all 10 RNE sec2s sat in one row. so cool.
i was squashed in between lil' xm & big bully carmen o.o
she ar, think she funny, i poke her she try to pok me back,
i hold her hands to stop her & she told zhiyuan i was
harrassing her o.o LOL but zhiyuan's reply was:
'well you two can continue touching each other, i don't care.'
ahahah. he's getting influenced by zhouyang o.o
hm okay so today i have eng&elit hw to do o.o
& theory too. i'm starting on a new chapter today (:
hopefully it isn't difficult! hahah.
ohoh & go listen to Gone With The Wind by V Hudgens,
it's nice! must trust my taste in music la XD
i know i'm crazy over R&B, but this is sort of pop.
well maybe it's leaning more towards soul. bleah.
but anyway it's nice! listen if you're bored, you'll get addicted.
i realise guys usually like rock & girls like pop/chinese songs.
o.o weirdd. why is it that nobody likes R&B/soul.
come on la, it's nice can T.T
lol okay, gotta go now.
will update soon! (:
No comments:
Post a Comment