"We've got all the time in the world to get a grip on the fact that we don't last, but right now I wanna watch the tide roll in with my best friends."
- Let It Roll ; All Time Low
This is a song that really hit me the first time I listened to it when I bought So Wrong, It's Right. I'm more of a melody person when I listen to music, but sometimes good lyrics just catch you right in the gut.
The way I see it, this song is about knowing how many things in life will never last, and living is not about trying to preserve everyone and everything around you; it's about making use of your time and cherishing the moment while you still have it.
Most friendships don't last- the ones that go on for decades or even a lifetime are beautiful. There are many people that I've been close to in the past, and we've had some really great times, and you're all amazing people. But we grow apart, and though everyone wishes they could keep their friends forever, it's a sad fact that most friends just come and go.
Let It Roll is about knowing what's in store for you, and being at peace with it. It's about realising that all these things may only ever just be memories in the future to come, and so you make the moments last.
To everyone that's ever been close to me but has somehow drifted away at one point of my life or another, I just wanna say I love you all, and thank you so much for being there for me, always. I have names in my head, but I'm not gonna list them out.
So yeah, that's all I really wanna say. To anyone reading this (yes that means you): make things count, take life as it is.
Have a great weekend :)
~
No comments:
Post a Comment