I'm not gonna think too much about anything right now. :)
Been doing homework over the weekend and realising that there's so much I don't understand :( That's a bad thing! And I can't do APGP at all, shit my life hahaha. I'll be doing online homework today, hopefully I can do math modelling.
And later I'll be going for a swim with Jiams and Dt! Miss my girls especially Dt because I haven't seen her in forever :'(
Friday night, me and Jiams went to DBS Arts Centre, which for some weird reason is located inside Raffles Hotel, to watch Oliver Twist, originally written by the great Charles Dickens. I don't know if it can be considered a play or a musical; there was singing but it was only interspersed between dialogue.
Still, the singing was amazing, the harmonies were sick and everything about the play was awesome :) There were only five actors and they took turns playing every role! One guy played Mr. Bumble and Bill Sykes, another played the narrator and Fagin, a girl played Nancy, Charlie Bates and Sally, the good-hearted midwife who helped deliver Oliver. Then there was a boy who played The Artful Dodger, and finally a girl who played Oliver Twist himself.
I love plays, seeing the way characters come alive, and the way few props and minimal actors are used so the rest can be left to your own imagination. The last bit of the play was great! It connected back to the beginning, where Fagin was about to be hung for his thieving crimes. And then it abruptly ended when he finally was executed, if you get what I mean.
All in all it was a great night; me and Jiams got Best Fries Forever and 1-for-1 Starbucks at City Hall (oreo crumble mocha frap yay) and we had TCC for dinner. We camwhored (Raffles Hotel is gorgeous seriously) and went into random pubs just to see if they'd chase us out, which they didn't. One of the pubs was really cool, there was real dancing and a live jazz band and all that.
Hope I get to watch a musical soon :)
~
No comments:
Post a Comment