Went out with Melons on the 28th to cafe-hunt! It's so weird to think that I've been anticipating that day since forever and now it's over. As are overr!!! Haha
We first went to Department of Caffeine at Tanjong Pagar, then The Marshmallow Tree at Telok Blangah, then Strangers' Reunion which was kind of near The Marshmallow Tree (Google says it's situated at Kampong Bahru road).
We got a sticky date pudding, waffle with strawberry ripple ice-cream, jasmine tea and a warm cafe latte at D.O.C, then some strawberry sponge cake thingy, meringue cake, some chocolate-coffee cake thing and an earl grey tea latte at Marshmallow Tree. At our last stop we had a yogurt pudding with granola, iced mocha and something called magic coffee, it was the first thing on the menu so I guess it's their specialty.
I think my favourite was D.O.C (yay cause I picked it) because the food there was good and they weren't stingy with the portions. It was a little crowded though, and we kind of got funny looks because everyone else there were mostly adults in their working clothes from the nearby shops and offices. Also wanna try the other drinks there sometime.
The Marshmallow Tree's food was okay-ish but they had a very nice ambience. Strangers' Reunion was my least favourite haha the pudding wasn't fantastic and the Magic Coffee just tasted like black coffee. But the mocha was decent.
Then we headed to Sentosa! Had overpriced chicken rice for dinner and went to Candylicious, then got ice-cream. We talked about 1F'08 ah how I miss those times. Easily one of the best years of my life. #nostalgia
On our way to the beach we saw the Luge and decided to give it a shot. Omg the ride up was terrifying to me. I never knew I was scared of heights haha. Well that adds to the list.
Et and I were holding hands tightly the whole ride. The Luge ride down was fun!! Would've been more fun if I wasn't wearing a white dress though haha (It was melons' gift to me and they said I had to wear it on the 28th)
At the beach we had a h2ht. And we saw fireworks! Pretty, but a waste of money, especially if it's true that they have fireworks every night at sentosa!
Dt's parents fetched her from vivo, and the rest of us were on our way home when Jiams and Yy noticed some banglas looking creepily at us, and they were actually smiling. I made eye contact with one of them and he just stared right at me smiling, didn't even look away! Even worse, they were taking pictures of us. Not just one or two, but a lot.
We alighted at the next stop (thank God they didn't try to follow us) and took the next train. I was a little scared then because I've never experienced something like that and ended up deciding to crash at Jiams' house haha. Anyway my fear was valid because I would've been the last one to alight from the train.
So girls be safe! If you know you're going home late make sure to dress ugly.
Ok bye
No comments:
Post a Comment