Sunday, June 13, 2010

I see you staring, dreaming.

You don't seem to see anybody.
You're always in a world of your own.
It's deeply fascinating to watch you.
And I can't help but wonder,
What are you thinking?

I see you laughing, joking.
Yet there's something in your eyes.
It tells me otherwise.
And I can't help but wonder,
What are you thinking?

I see you moving, walking.
You're always in the centre of attention.
When you're around, everybody's happy.
Your face lights up as they surround you.
So I can't help but wonder,
What are you thinking?

I see you alone, finally.
You look up when I step in front of you.
Your curiosity is captivating.
But you don't say anything.
So I can't help but wonder,
What are you thinking?

I see your eyes widen by a mile.
They're looking up into my .45.
But still, you don't speak.
You only stare. You look strangely transfixed.
And I can't help but wonder,
What are you thinking?

The people come. Some of them cry.
A man lifts the blanket that's over you.
They call it suicide.
What an interesting word.

So I see you in your wooden box.
You look beautiful lying there.
Your eyes are closed.
They looked better open.
I hear the word again.
Suicide, was it?
Well, what a pity.
Because I can't help but wonder.

Darling, what were you thinking?


~

No comments: