Sunday, September 30, 2012

And as I start to run I stop to breathe


I'll be here by the ocean just waiting for proof that there's sunsets and silhouette dreams
While my sandcastles fall like the ashes of cigarettes and every wave dragged me to sea
I could stand here for hours just to ask God the question, is everyone here make-believe
With a tear in his voice he says, son that's the question
Does this deafening silence mean nothing to no one but me


2 papers down, 3 left to go. I'm so fed up with econs. At least science subjects aren't so dry; econs is basically just memorising chunks and chunks of information and regurgitating everything and applying to context in exams.

I really don't know how people can like arts subjects haha #justsaying

My dad is cooking both lunch and dinner so I've to stay home for both and there's tuition at night which basically means very little time for me to go out and mug.

Staying home to study is not an option; I can never ever concentrate at home.

Yesterday was pretty productive though, I went to the staff canteen at T2 and mugged about 5 or 6 hours from 2pm to 10pm, the rest was spent playing with my phone or eating. Tsk tsk.

Then I couldn't study anymore, my brain felt real saturated so I packed up and went to sit in front of the departure information board to people-watch.

After that I met up with a childhood friend to go home together. I haven't seen him in 10 years!

We met cause I decided to type in his name on facebook one day and I didn't expect to find anything but he was the very first search result and I recognised him instantly, he really hasn't changed at all omg, not just looks-wise but personality-wise too.

So anyway I fb-messaged him because I was so sure he would remember me but turns out he had a really bad memory and didn't at all hahaha awk.

But anyway we found out we both live in simei now and he was working at the airport saturday (which is yesterday) and I happened to be going there to study too so we met up after.

It's nice to know that there are people out there who really don't change much at all :')

Hahaha and the funny thing was he spoke in chinese a couple of times and I kept huh-ing because I felt so unused to speaking in chinese conversationally.

The only times I've spoken chinese to my friends were in primary school, and after that I don't know why either but none of my friends in AHS use chinese to converse, so it was English all the way, anyway I'm more comfortable speaking english.

In the past few years I think I've only spoken chinese to my chinese teachers or to my grandmother who sometimes comes over.

Of course I still use chinese, but just bits of it. Kinda worried that one day I may just forget how to read and write the language altogether.

Anyway whoa this was supposed to be a short post but it's turned into an essay haha lazing on my bed now.

Need to go mug econs sigh. Go zoey go! 5 more days and it'll all be over!

BYE

~

No comments: