Thursday, January 9, 2014

I felt the cold rain of the coming storm

Listening to Rise Against and drinking Magnolia fresh milk. It's so yummy! Which is weird considering I don't really drink fresh milk that much, but I really like this.

Went to work in the morning thinking there was work but apparently it was my off-day hahaha so I went home. Finished reading Penelope by Rebecca Harrington and it's really good. I went to the bookdrop at tamp library and was really hesitating before I dropped the book in. Also got myself more books. Yayzers. Then I went home and cleaned the house while Get Born by JET played on stereo. I am so obsessed with that album.

Working from 9 to 5 tomorrow. It's my first full day! And then I think I'm working 2 to 10 on saturday. Which kinda sucks but oh well. Extra money if I work 5 to 10.

I keep thinking that I'm saving a lot but my money still seems to be depleting at the same rate as if I go to school and I realise it's the public transport that's been burning holes in my already-tiny-enough pocket. Now I get why adults are always raving on about the cost of public transport.

Y'know, I always imagined life after A levels to be road trips, getting wasted, going out every day to explore the country, but all I've been doing is just staying home and reading and going out to work and occasionally meeting up with friends. Feels like the first week after A levels was the best. And Morocco. I miss Morocco! I still feel like puking when I think of the food but I miss the scenic views there. So much nature and land and space. I feel like I can barely breathe here. What a stark comparison.

No comments: