Sunday, July 31, 2011

"Seriously, without a first-rate roadie crew, we'll never have a psychedelic show."

I'm gonna start quoting School of Rock till I get sick of it. Which will be, uh, never.

Soooooo.

IFINALLYBOUGHTTHREECHEERSWHOOPEEEEEE

I tried to look for The Black Parade but they weren't selling it in Hmv so I got Three Cheers instead. They're my two favourite Mcr albums. The Black Parade has a more polished sound, and Three Cheers is more like hard rock. But damnit I love both.

There was no one to share the joy with at that very blessed moment though. I was with Tania, Lianne, Emily and Zijun. Emily was telling me not to buy it and to just download everything, which I've actually already done hahaha.

The feeling of buying an album and having no one to turn to and scream to about it without being called a maniac is like giving birth a kid and crying tears of happiness, then you look up at the nurses and doctors and yell "I'M A MOMMY" and all of them just look at you and go, "Okay."

Bad analogy, I know.

Anywayz. I was gonna talk about my mom and how absofreakinglutely hilarious she is.

Today my dad cooked pig's skin. I was making gagging noises and my mom said without having looked at the dish, "Eat it. It's high in collagen, good for your skin." And I said "But it looks like snakes!" knowing full well my momma is pretty much fearless and snakes are her only exception.

She went, "Nonsense!" and looked down at the plate. I'm telling you, her expression when she realised how right I was, was priceless. Then she started laughing and half-heartedly scolding my dad for cutting it up like that. It tasted just as revolting as it looked. -gag-

That's one of the few good things about being chinese; you get to grow up eating exotic foods. Nasty. Yes, we chinese eat just about everything that's four-legged, except for tables. Our language is an art that I am still struggling to master.

I'm digressing. So at dinner my mom told us about how at her school, there's a prayer room for the muslims, and she was unaware the school had recently relocated it to a corner of the teachers' lounge. So one day she was with a colleague in the staff lounge and they were alone there, just doing paperwork.

Then suddenly they heard a voice murmuring. Instantly they looked up and exchanged horrified looks, then they ran out of the room and stood outside talking about it. Then they jumped when the door opened and a muslim colleague came out, apologising for having disturbed them.

HAHAHAHA. Totally lol-worthy.

BYE

~

No comments: