Sigh. And I'm sorry I haven't really blogged in so long except for that post on the dream I had last week or so.
Tampines Junior College is okay I guess. The people are nice, I've made some friends already and everyone is generally friendly. I like my OG, but somehow I feel like I can't really click with them. Different sense of humour. I seldom find people with the same sense of humour as me.
This week passed really slowly, in my opinion. It's finally Friday! :D We've been having sample lectures all week. I take GP, PW, H1 physics, H2 chemistry, math and economics. The lecturers are good, me gusto. :)
What I find really funny is how we have lectures in either the auditorium or a lecture theatre, where the desks are pulled open, so that means they're all really small, and that in turn means that there is a higher tendency of pencil cases crashing to the floor.
The first time around monday, during one of our lectures, the lecturer said something along the lines of "So this is what we'll be covering this year," and then someone's pencil case crashed to the floor.
I know it was all purely coincidental, but it was sooo funny! I had this dumb half-smile on my face when that happened and was trying so hard not to laugh.
Oh and during another one of our lectures, Huiyun spotted the band badges on my bag. I have three badges on my bag, one of MCR, one of All Time Low and one of Mayday Parade. She inspected the badges one by one, and after that told me she'd never heard of any of the bands.
I stared at her and asked, "Then what do you listen to?" And somehow she found my question extremely funny, and burst out into laughter in the quiet lecture theatre. Quite a few heads turned hahhaha
Anyway, for my cca choices, I put guitar ensemble first, followed by gavel club, then netball. But I don't think I want to join netball anymore; I'm afraid of getting skin problems and possibly dry hair from all the training under the sun.
Me, Maria and her friend Caroline also wanted to join modern dance initially, but we were quite put off after watching the modern dance club's performance during CCA Exhibition on wednesday. I like the guys' part, with all the finger tutting and a bit of dougie-ing, but the girls' part looked a bit slutty to me.
Maybe I'm just conservative, but ain't no way I'm sticking my butt out and wiggling it in front of 800 students, let alone teachers and possibly parents. Neither do I want to wear translucent black stockings and mini shorts for entertainment haha.
So I guess the dancing wasn't really what I expected. Thought it'd be more contemporary or maybe street-ish but it looked like a kpop dance or something.
Anywayz, today I brought my basketball to school because Valerie asked me to. We were gonna play bball during our free periods. PE was first thing in the morning. It was killer, I tell ya.
This school really takes PE lessons very seriously. We did three rounds around the field (equivalent to 800m I think), sit-ups, push-ups, crunches and lots of stretching. How I dread the 2.4km Napfa run.
After PE was a free period. I played basketball with Valerie, Alvita and Florence, and after Math (which was crazy, I couldn't process anything) I bumped into Xuemin and we played a bit of ball before going to the library.
Omg, being in the library in her was hilarious. There were rooms at the back of the library for lessons and J2 studying, and Xuemin kept walking past this window where this guy was studying, just to annoy him. And we just kept laughing at the funniest and most random things possible. HAHAHA
Guitar auditions after that with Xuemin and Yiying. We at first entered a room full of people, then a senior divided us into those who had music history and those who didn't know anything about playing the guitar.
Me, Xuemin and Yiying were the only girls among the 11 who were in the first group :/ My audition lasted like one minute! It was pretty okay and I really really hope I get into guitar ensemble because I have completely no idea what I'd join otherwise.
BYE
~
No comments:
Post a Comment