Friday, May 24, 2013

We'll carry on.

Crazy amount of work to do :( feels like no matter how much work I do it's never enough. Spent the whole day doing work and I haven't even started on my actual homework. #what

I'm also going through an mcr withdrawal phase. I miss them so much. 

I know a lot of people don't understand why I love all these bands so much. Sometimes I don't know why either. 

I can't even listen to their songs now without feeling something swell up in my heart. 

They were the very first real band I started listening to, way back when I was 13. And they were there for me all the way till now. It kind of feels like they're saying I'm old enough now to live without them now and that the crucial adolescent years are over. 

Mcr taught me more than any book could ever have. The Black Parade showed me what real music was. There was a time when Welcome To The Black Parade was basically the anthem of my life, as it probably was the anthem for thousands of other teenagers all over the world. 

One by one I discovered their songs. I got hooked on Ray's beautifully-crafted riffs, and the punk rock rhythms, and the simple but effective basslines, and the pounding beats. 

It also went beyond the music. It was more than just the sweet sound of rock music. It was the amount of passion and dedication I could see that went into what they did. The way they seemed to forget everything else once they got onstage and started playing- I had never seen a band perform with such unrestraint and such emotion. 

Gerard Way was a role model for me, growing up. I respected him for the amazing lyrics he wrote, and the encouraging things he said to everyone, and often times I found myself thinking, wow, he's either extremely genuine or the most brilliant actor in the world. He had a natural flair for theatrics, and even when I watch their videos I can't take my eyes off of him; the way he paces the stage and sings all the words I know by heart with a kind of rawness in his voice that I don't think I'll ever hear coming from any other singer. 

And Ray, when he plays, it's like the whole place lights up. He's the Brian May of our generation. I always, always wished his solos were longer than they were. His playing wasn't showy but in the fast songs he sounded incredible and he also knew just how to carry a slow song. One of the saddest things is that I'll never get to see him smile onstage again. He just looks so incredibly happy when he's playing, like he's home. 

Frank... Ugh. He's overflowing with charisma. I love him so much. I have this picture of him as my wallpaper that is the most amazing thing ever because his eyes are closed while he's about to strum a chord in I Don't Love You and there's a thousand words in that picture that don't really have to be said; you just have to look at his expression and understand. 

I have a million and one things to say about the band that changed my life, and all the late nights I spent in the past listening to every track on Three Cheers and wondering how anything could be so perfect, and all the times my heart broke listening to Demolition Lovers, and how I die a little inside everytime thinking about how I'll never get to watch them live. 

Maybe when I'm older I'll read this post and laugh at my naivety, but for now I'm not getting over it. Not just yet. 

And I feel... well, I don't know what to feel thinking about how they're all moving on going on their separate ways. 

Gerard seems to be going into Japanese art and Frank's working on a project with Leathermouth, and I haven't heard much about the others but I'm pretty sure Ray's spending time with his family and possibly the newborn son I heard he and Christa had, and Mikey, I don't know, canoodling with that model that's too young for him

This is the first time I'm actually writing about the whole MCR thing so that's why it's kind of long I guess. But I feel a lot better after writing it all down. 

No comments: