I'm back again!
Boxing day was spent with my family, we went to Kallang Leisure Park for lunch at some restaurant called Thai Village or something like that. I can't remember its name :3
Well then we went to Marina Bay to walk around and my mom and I went to take a look around Louis Vuitton on the way.
My mom: "This is how the rich spend their money." True dat. The stuff was all ridiculously fancy. Dinner was steamboat. I've never really liked steamboat much; my favourite thing there was prolly the chicken rice.
On the 27th I went with Elaine to watch Sherlock Holmes at Orchard Lido. It was great! Everything was ingeniously written and Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law did really great impressions of Sherlock and John. The ending was brilliant. If you haven't caught it yet, you need to ;)
28th, I met up with Lifang :D I hadn't seen her for over a month since she went to China. And she bought me this ultra cute white dog that I've now named Snowy and which has taken up residence on the right side of my bed. He's adorkable.
We originally planned to have lunch at the cafe at White Sands' library but it was closed D:
So we took a bus from the interchange to parkway. Lunch was pastamania, and when the food came I was so sure I wouldn't be full at all, seeing as it was a tiny portion and I was completely starving, but I ended up feeling like a beach whale. It was that bad.
I guess it's cause it was cheesy and thick and wholemeal, but... ugh. I never felt so sick of cheese in my life.
We managed to make our way to Gramophone without reproducing our lunch. And I am officially unhappy with Gramophone. Five times I asked if they had any albums by five different bands, and five times they said no. The blonde guy didn't even check his computer!
"Any Matt & Kim?"
-stares at me- "No."
"Any Bowling for Soup?"
"No."
lolwut.
And it's not like I wanted Asking Alexandria or something. The bands I named were all pretty well-known. They have none of ATL's albums islandwide either, except for Dirty Work, which I'm not so interested in.
Anyway, on my sixth try, they finally had a band I was looking for, and it was Foster the People. They just released their debut album, Torches. I got that album, and then played it three times straight the next morning. Yep it's that good. I like FTP.
Lifang got a Green Day album, and the soundtrack to some movie. And we got ice-cream, and Lifang got a taiwanese drama.
My New Zealand's Natural ice-cream started dripping once I got it, and I had to ask for a cup (I also had to pay an extra 70 cents for it -___-) and a spoon, and then I dunked my ice-cream inside, with the cone sticking out awkwardly. It was my first time eating it too.
Oh and I also bought a really cute little calender and a bunch of pretty post-its for the gift exchange me, Dionne, Jiams and Elaine had on the 30th. Can't remember if I bought anything else, but my favourite buy was definitely my FTP album. <3
I also want two other albums now- Green Day's American Idiot and The Cab's Symphony Soldier. I'm thinking of trying to find a Matt & Kim album as well, though I think that'll be a little harder because they're not really that well-known.
On the 29th, I met up with Yueyao and Nigel! We went to Ikea, which is the same place we went to on the day our 'o' levels ended, 14th November. I always have lots of fun when I go out with these two because we have the same sense of humour and everything I see just seems a whole lot funnier.
We ate twice and hung around Ikea doing dumb stuff :) Oh and Yueyao was saying that I have to watch this taiwanese drama called In Time With You, so she was enthusiastically telling me, "It's a romance story" and Nigel said sarcastically, "Surprise!" I know it doesn't sound funny but it was reaaally funny at that time! -awkward silence-
Then after that we went to Nigel's house. His dad and sister were there in the same room so we didn't make a lot of noise. We watched Nigahiga videos hahaha.
The 30th was me, Dionne, Jiaminn and Elaine's mini post-christmas outing! We wanted more people to come, but most of them couldn't make it in the end D:
So we went to cycle instead. It was fun but it got really tiring after a while. My butt was sore from the lousy rented bicycle seats and I got a blister on my right thumb, no idea how it got there. I haven't cycled in a long while so I forgot how fun it was :)
After that we had cup noodles at the bicycle rental shop, and then we went for dinner at BBQ Chicken, E!hub. I got honey roasted chicken with coleslaw and mashed potato. Dionne got the same side dishes as me but they made a mistake and gave us french fries instead of coleslaw. When we told them, they gave us coleslaw but didn't take back the fries, so we had 3 side dishes :D
Dinner turned out to be really filling. We did our gift exchange there and Jiams made us all shout 'MERRY CHRISTMAS' to one another on the count of three. Needless to say, we got quite a few stares HAHA. We drew lots to determine who got what present and I got Dionne's while Dionne got mine, and vice versa for Jiams and Elaine.
I got a pretty brown bracelet, photo frame and this thing that looks like a stud and can be inserted into a jack (preferably iPhone's) for decoration purposes. Dionne received my cute little calender and post-its of course, and Jiams got two different boxes of chocolates and something else from Elaine, while Elaine got socks and I-can't-remember-what-else from Jiams.
I like my presents :) I also got a really pretty notebook from Dionne as a belated birthday present (three months belated LOL). I feel bad that people have been giving me gifts and I'm too broke now to buy anything nice for them :/ I didn't even buy anything for anyone other than my family from my trip to Taiwan.
I shall make amends next year :3
Oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2011 has actually been a pretty great year, thanks to all my friends and family :) You're all special and I love you guys <3 Count your blessings, be happy with what you've got, and remember life's too short to always be unhappy. SMILE!
BYE :D
~
No comments:
Post a Comment