Saturday, October 25, 2014

How do you own disorder

I was coincidentally wearing my ASD shirt on Wednesday otw to school when I read on Cory LaQuay's instagram that he and Brian White had decided to call it quits with the band :(

I guess I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, I'm not a fan of the newer albums so I guess it's good that Cory and Brian are going to do their own stuff; maybe they'll come up with material I'll be interested in. Plus, Cory and Brian are my favourites in the band (I don't usually pick favourites cause I believe everyone in the band is important but Cory's drumming and Brian's screaming... too much for my rationality to bear)

But on the other hand, it's always sad to see one of your favourite bands part ways. ASD got me through some tough times and though I can't say for sure I didn't see this coming, it's still upsetting... like another piece of my childhood just dissipated.

Listening to 'The Cali Buds' now and it's so sad cause the song is about their friendship and the MV is just a typical band video of them on tours and performing but it's still evoking the feels :'(

Well, on to some merrier stuff (kinda)

The past week has been a kind week. Gig's over and all the midterms and major assignments are done so I can finally take a breather. Also met up with my band on thursday and the new drummer is great, but Esplanade's Silent Studio sucks haha or maybe I'm just not used to it

Other than that, nothing much has been happening. Friends are going clubbing tonight and I'm proud of myself for not going. Not really in the mood anyway haha I was sooo tired yesterday night I just gave up on homework and went to sleep.

I have 55 pages of SE readings and 42 pages of SC readings to do this week. No pictures some more, just pure text. Good luck to me!

No comments: