Saturday, October 11, 2014

Paper bags and plastic hearts

Hello!!!

It's the end of yet another tiring week haha

Got back more grades which were less than satisfactory but oh wellz

Went for my Socio make-up tutorial on Tuesday, which was surprisingly very engaging + I made a new friend! I actually enjoyed the discussion part haha and I later realized that that was the tutorial group I balloted for in the first place but didn't manage to get :'( #life

First favourite part of the week was Tuesday night when we ended jamming early and I was zi-highing so I had time to leisurely walk back to CAP in a good mood, and UTown looked so pretty at night. I loved the ambience (HAHA sounds like I went on a solo romantic date but I can't think of a better word)

Then no more good mood on Wednesday because there was Econs midterm in the evening that I hadn't started studying at all for. Had to chiong-mug before the paper

And I wasn't nervous at all until Lianne and I got to MPSH and the crowd was like... omg. The sight of everyone milling around outside the hall waiting for the doors to open totally reminded me of O levels and A levels and it got my heart racing hahaha

Got home around 9pm to a small pot of fried rice my fam left for me, aww. Though it was leftovers from Sunday and cold by the time I got home, it was still delicious :)

Second favourite part of the week was Thursday! Only had german lecture from 8-9.30am. Hardest part was waking up. I was contemplating skipping it but still dragged myself out of bed anyway.

By 12pm that day I had had my breakfast, travelled to NUS, attended the lecture, travelled back and had my lunch.

Had drums as usual and I was relieved that my teacher didn't scold or chastise me when I told him before lesson that I didn't practice the whole week haha.

Also learnt a new drum beat (is that what you call it) and was practicing it when I stopped and he had this look of pride on his face and told me again that I was one of the fastest students he'd had so far... it made my entire week. (I give up on trying to figure out how to phrase this without sounding like I'm bragging but ya I was just really happy)

Anyway it's almost 2am! Can't believe the day just flew past like that. Didn't even manage to get much work done cause I was distracted by a Breakin' Benjamin song.

Also somehow managed to add more to my ever-heavy workload by agreeing to try for this thingy with my band, so we're gunna meet and start jamming again somewhere in Week 10.

Hopefully I can manage to cram in practice time.

But I'm really looking forward to meeting them again. Miss playing rock music.

I remember when we were setting up one time in May I think when our then-drummer commented that the bass was too soft so I stood next to the amp and turned it up a bit and he just kept saying, "Louder... louder some more... louder... a bit more..." until it was like each note reverberated soundly around the room, but it was awesome haha

Ok really need to sleep bye

No comments: