Saturday, December 22, 2012

I'm made of wax, Larry. What are you made of?

Today was spent hanging around CCP with wums. We were supposed to study but neither of us were really in the mood, and we kinda got chased out by CBTL when we tried to mug there, so. Walked around aimlessly and then bought food- fried mushroom fritters for her, meesua for me, I really love meesua- and camped at a random spot to eat. 

Oh and before that, we both spotted a red balloon lying on the ground and Jiams, being Jiams, said "Let's see who steps on it first" and I ran over and kicked it and it flew into a middle-aged woman's face oh lord. I couldn't even apologise because I was laughing so hard, and the other lady she was with, probably her daughter, kept turning to glare at me hahahaha shit. 

And Jiams texted this morning to say she misses me haha aww and I said "but we just met yesterday!" We played ball yesterday, it was average I guess I think I won two and lost one match. I only lost the last because it was just my luck that I got paired with the annoying girl and it was 2 of us vs 3 others ok. But well, good team effort, at least we lost 7-5. Yiying and Sq paired for the first round and lost to the 3 of us, 7-2. hahahaha

Then I went home and showered while the others had lunch, and then went to mug with my bandmates. It's so weird knowing that both of them are pres and vp of guitar now, and I'm just this very inactive lazy member in the cca haha. And they keep asking me to attend cca and go for the upcoming guitar outing and I feel bad saying no but. All the people I'm closer to in guitar aren't going and I don't feel like trying to make friends with other people haha. But they're my friends and it kinda puts me in a spot. I was barely even acquainted with the previous pres and vp. Anyway it was a fail study session, didn't do much and we spent nearly two hours after dinner chatting haha

And also, big news. Big big big news. All Time Low is coming to Singapore March 6th. I don't really feel that hyped up yet, I don't think the news has actually settled in yet but Christine told me this morning and it really made my day. Possible my entire life. So I guess I'm going to lose my concert virginity to All Time Low. HAHA. 

I asked my mom if I could go and she said as long as I pay for it. Though I don't think she knows yet that it's a school day. I just hope it doesn't clash with my CAs next March though, because otherwise she probably won't let me go. But well, she doesn't have to know when exactly my CAs are still after tickets have been booked Dec 28 ahahah naughty me

But well, tickets haven't been booked of course, so nothing is really confirmed yet. But I will do everything within my means to go, because. It's All Time Low. One of my favourite bands ever, and a chance to see four of my favourite people in the world. I'll probably die at the concert from over-excitement. I wonder if I'll cry hahaha I think I would if Christine does. Crying has always been highly infectious for me. 

Oh and apparently yesterday was winter solstice. Everyone was tweeting or putting up pictures of their bowls of tangyuan on Insta damnit I love tangyuan :( But I don't think my parents knew it was winter solstice haha I wish I knew earlier, I would've pestered my dad to cook some though none of my family are really huge fans of tangyuan. Gahhhhh I want tangyuan!

School starts in 16 days, how fast is that omg. I keep wanting to mug or do some homework but I just don't have the motivation. I mean, it's the holidays and Christmas and when you know school's starting again so soon and it's probably going to be, academically, the most pressurising year of your life, you don't really feel like picking up a book. You'd just feel like enjoying yourself now while you still can, right? 

I'm not exactly enjoying myself though, I feel like I'm just kinda whiling my days away :/ Ugh. I should go out and catch a movie or something real soon. And I can't believe it's Christmas season! Just like that, one year is gone. Next year will be a whirlwind for us J2s, and then a loooooong break (I am just dying of anticipation for this break) and then university. I can't imagine. 

Makes me kinda sad to think that us pressurised Singaporean kids spend our days hoping the year will go by quickly. Is that how we should spend our lives? Wishing everything will just all go by quickly? hmm

An old friend, or rather, someone I knew in secondary school and said hi to and made small talk but was never really close with, replied to one of my tweets today and I replied back, and she said, completely out of the blue, "my dear zoey, am I never going to see you again? :(" and at first I just thought it was really random and I didn't know what to reply and then after a while I realised how true it was. We'll probably never see each other again for the rest of our lives, save for the rare old class reunion now and then. Perhaps we'll somehow cross paths again, through work in the future or something, but a large chance says that, yeah, I'll probably never see her again. Same for pretty much the rest of the cohort from AHS, with the exception of a bunch of close friends. 

It's sad, isn't it? Even if we were never close. 

~

No comments: