Friday, September 6, 2013

This rose has lost its red

Lost my phone today.

Haiyah. I'm sad of course, the shock is just settling in, but I think I'm more upset about the fact that someone would want to steal it. I suppose it's valuable considering it was an iPhone 5, but why. Why are people so mean. I would've returned it, and I don't think it's considered something kind to do at all. It's only right. How can you live with it knowing that you basically stole someone's phone?

There are people out there who probably would've been sadder than me if they lost their iPhone, especially if they had vital information in it or stuff in it that meant a lot to them. Fortunately I only had a few social media apps in it and most of my information like my contacts was previously backed-up on my laptop, but still. It's still my freaking phone. Who knows, I might've been a poorer-off kid who actually scrimped and saved for that precious iPhone 5. (I suppose there is the argument that if I actually treasured it that much then I wouldn't have been so careless with it though)

But of course, thieves don't care. Say they happily traded in my phone. What would have the money gone to? A new sweater? A new bag? New shoes? How can someone possibly be happy and proud of something new they supposedly own knowing that it was a product of someone else's hard-earned money? That the money wasn't even yours and you don't deserve it at all?

I feel like a bitch now for being so careless. I would've apologized to my parents but my mom just gave me a tongue-lashing and the word wouldn't come out of my mouth. Maybe later.

Curse the bloody bitch who took my phone. (definitely a girl / woman / auntie because I left it on top of the WC in the ladies'.) I hope you get mauled by a pitbull- no, make it two- and your mutilated, mangled, half-alive body gets thrown into the sea so the salt seeps into your wounds and you die a slow, painful death. Your soul should rot in the depths of hell so it can gleefully reunite with your conscience.

Sorry, I have to vent my anger this way because I have a strict personal no-swearing policy. It used to be a really bad habit when I was younger and more ignorant and I'm doing my best to kick it now.

I bought a cute notebook from Muji to lift my spirits but it's not really doing much now, considering I still have work to do too. Ugh. I am so pissed off.

I still have my old iPhone too so my line is getting deactivated tomorrow and I'll have my info restored in the phone soon. But, still. My parents' hard-earned money. I was considering carrying on with life without a phone, too, because I'm just so frustrated of being helplessly tied down by technology. Screw social media, I want to go somewhere without feeling the need to tell people where I am or what I'm doing. I want to sketch and write instead of type and tap. (Irony lol)

But it's hard to break free from technology now that I'm so accustomed to having it in my life, I guess. Sigh.

Ok time to do work :(
Bad day man.


No comments: