Two of my friends are in Thailand and Taiwan, my BFF is busy with school and three of my five bandmates are in three different countries (no jamming for like one month, it is really upsetting) and yet somehow I'm soo busy.
I didn't even have time to play Neopets until today :(
Yesterday, I met up with Shijia and we went back to JC to visit Wenjing and collect our SGCs. School looks the same except the PE attire has changed. It looks absolutely terrible.
I actually think I'm really lucky to have been born in 95. We were the last AHS batch with the nicer PE shirt and the last TPJ batch with no Tie Day. Oh, and in my primary school we were the principal's most loved batch because he joined the school when we were P1 and left when we were P6.
Anyway, I thought I would feel nostalgic to be back in school since Results Day but as we walked past all the familiar places I was just thinking, thank God I'm out of here.
I said, "This place gives me the creeps," and SJ said "YA."
We played badminton and it was funnnn even though I'm horrible.
Then we walked past Meranti and the other classrooms to go home and we could see people mugging through the glass walls and it was like OHYEAH HAHA.
Also, I don't like talking about unpleasant things or unpleasant people (what is the difference actually) but kids these days are atrocious, or maybe it's just the kids from the primary school I'm working at.
Out of every 7 or 8 kids that come in, only 1 says 'thank you', and out of every 10 kids that come in, only 1 says 'hello'. (I don't think I've heard anyone say 'good morning' so far.)
Where have all the manners gone?
Yesterday an upper primary boy needed help with something, I can't remember what it was, but after I was done helping him and gave him his papers, he just ran off out the door without another look, and I was so pissed I muttered, 'you're (censored) welcome.'
I can't help but compare children to animals or monsters every time I see them nowadays.
I mean, they give you devilish grins, they're small but sly and ungrateful, and their worksheets and consent forms always look like they've been chomped on and spat out again.
There are two pianos outside the general office that have not been there for long but are dirty and battered and have broken keys. Like, leave a pair of good pianos all alone out there in the wild and that's what happens.
Every time I walk past those pianos, they remind me of the scene in Jurassic Park where the paleontologist lowers a chunk of meat into the Velociraptor cage, and when it comes out again it's just a few shreds of bloody remains.
So yah, conclusion: little kids scare the living shit outta me. (music reference, anybody?)
No comments:
Post a Comment