Sunday, June 15, 2014

As I bleed my heart out to show

Underclass Hero might just be my favourite album by Sum 41. I am almost too ashamed to say it. Hahhaa. But it's soooo good.

But honestly, alongside Underclass Hero, I've only listened to Chuck and Does This Look Infected? so far. The latter two are great but there's something about Underclass Hero that just pokes (I would say tug, but somehow it doesn't sound quite right as poke) at my heartstrings, despite how pop it sounds... I don't get why all the butthurt punk fans are bashing it. A good album is a good album regardless of genre.

Also, I have officially fallen out of love with Pierce The Veil. I don't exactly know how or when it happened. It's like one day I just woke up and decided I didn't want to listen to them anymore. Weird, huh? Feels like just yesterday when I was so crazy about them. I have their latest album, a MerchNow snapback and tank top and about 30 of their songs in my library (after deleting some), and suddenly the fangirl feelings just stopped.

I think my taste in music has definitely changed since graduation from JC. I used to be almost bloodthirsty for heavy music, especially songs that used screaming. I listened to A Skylit Drive, Pierce The Veil, Alesana, Bring Me The Horizon and Sleeping With Sirens on a daily basis, even in class. If it didn't have screaming in it, it wasn't heavy enough for me. Looking back I guess it was probably stress. Lots of unhealthy stress.

But yay, I've finally graduated and am listening to slightly more mainstream music now. Hello, pop punk and punk rock. Goodbye, variated genres of modern hardcore.

Met Wumsy and DT today to 'study'. They studied, I read my book and watched Dazed & Confused again. So many memorable quotes hahaha and this is one of the rare movies where I love nearly every character in it. But favourite character? Hands down, Slater. Love love love Slater. 'You cool man?'

Wiley Wiggins also gets cuter the more I watch him.

I felt a bit high on air today and I was really bored visiting at my aunt's place after dinner with my rents, so I was talking a lot of nonsense on a WhatsApp group, kinda regret it now esp since I'm not that close to most of the people on there. But it's hard when they just keep silent yknow?! Oh wellll. Damage's been done. Hahhaaha

It's been two weeks since I quit work. Thought I'd be really bored but somehow I've been finding lots of pointless things to do. Anddd I miss Bangkok :(

(sorry Lianne nothing much for you to read today HAHA)

No comments: