Tuesday, June 24, 2014

You gotta keep em separated

Hey ho again

Met up with Carmen yesterday

Twas good meeting with her because I always feel like we can talk about anything in particular :) Had 18chefs at Cine, then went around running errands together. Thanks Carmen for the fun but tiring afternoon! Heh

I finished my other book today, it's called 'Up In Honey's Room' by this apparently famous writer called Elmore Leonard who's written books that were turned into movies. It was really good, a little draggy in the beginning but redeemed itself by being quite the page-turner towards the end.

I think, weirdly, one of the nicest things about the book was the names Mr. Leonard came up with. The main character is called Honey Deal, an American lady who gets herself involved with a group of Nazi loyals during the first World War. You have a Ukrainian spy called Vera Mezwa, her transvestite manservant called Bohdan Kravchenko, and also in the loop are Honey's ex-husband Walter Schoen, his crude friend Joe Aubrey and a timid doctor, Michael George Taylor.

So yeah I really liked the names, I thought they said a lot about the characters haha

In other news, Baybeats is this week!!! It's an annual three-day band festival and it's the closest thing we get to a Warped Tour down here (why do I feel like I've said this before somewhere on my blog)

So it's kind of a big thing for me. Went for the first time in J1 and I was hooked. So many great bands out there! There were a lot of stereotypical people there too, not gonna describe them here, but let's just say there were a lot of mohawks and the air was foggy with cigarette smoke. Would've been hard to pretend it was dry ice even if you plugged your nose.

Then I had to skip the one last year because of As. But yayyy I can go again this year I'm so excited

I'm at CBTL now, had Sumo Salad for lunch and it was so yumz but I'm hungry again.

Gonna find some food now bye

No comments: