Tuesday, January 13, 2015
What are you listening to?
Never thought I'd get into indie music, but then again, I never thought I'd listen to metalcore either. I rely a lot on the kind of vibes I get when I listen to music to decide whether I like something or not. Belongs to the Dead by Tigers Jaw is one of those hit-or-miss albums- you either fall in love with its subtlety, or dismiss it as just another piece of bland indie pop crap.
And for me, it's definitely a big hit. I love the chill vibes resonating from this album- the quiet static in the background (that sometimes sounds beautifully like gentle rain), the perfectly imperfect track mastering, the simple but effective percussion, the softness and hollowness of it all.
Adam's voice is also what completes the album. In any other context I probably would've disliked that I-can't-be-bothered drawl, but his voice fits in here so well.
It's sad that I'm only finding this gem now- nine years after it came out. Even sadder that I rarely hear music like this anymore. But at least I discovered it. It's definitely going to be an unforgettable album for me. Thank you, Tigers Jaw.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment