Friday, January 2, 2015

Do I wanna know

A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

First post of the year :)





Spent New Year's Eve at Bryan's house with a bunch of 12S16s. Had steamboat, played charades, Black Magic games and watched the countdown on ch5. Charades was fun but all our voices got hoarse from shouting hahahaa and the people guessing were so stressed out because everyone was yelling at them. It was damn funny

Word: Sailor
me: "Who works on a ship?"
wq: "ASTRONAUT"

Watched Babadook which I actually thought was quite a good horror film from what I saw through my fingers, but everyone else thought it sucked haha Lum actually fell asleep halfway, don't know how she managed to sleep through all the screaming parts. 



Attempted to take a picture of the fireworks from the house but this just looks like something exploded. 





Macs' bfast with Wq, B and Lum at 6am after staying up the whole night. First time being inside such an empty mall



Then we came back and slept. Had to put filter because... really very cui hahaha




Lunch at some chicken rice/zi char place. It was quite good


Went back after lunch, played guitar and sang for them with Bryan, and in return they fell asleep. Took forever to wake up everyone up to get out of the house again haha


Went to Somerset for llao llao dressed like this hahahaha

Actually I thought it was quite okay? Admittedly a little bit underdressed but we got more than a few stares. Even caught someone pointing hahahaha o WELL


First llao llao! It was really quite good, but still a bit overrated. 

Walked around a bit, then made an impromptu decision to cook spaghetti for dinner haha


Not the most flattering food picture, but I tried!

Reached home at almost 11pm. Time really flies when you're nua-ing away! Had fun (even though we really didn't do anything much hahaha)

Ok, serious talk. 


In 2014 I:

1. Embarked on the longest school break of my life 
2. Worked three part-time jobs and learnt a lot from each one
3. Got to know children better and relieve some of my primary school days through my relief teaching job (like taking them on a super taxing excursion to the zoo)
4. Realized some of my saikang warrior potential through my job as a receptionist (not by choice- I really got a lot of odd-jobs thrown to me)
5. Discovered the joys of cafe-hopping
6. Went on two trips to Bangkok with only my parents for the first time
7. Went clubbing for the first time 
8. Finally hit the gym with my best friend
9. Joined a new band
10. Began a new chapter of my life at NUS FASS
11. Completed my first semester of university
12. Passed my audition for CAC Amplified
13. Started learning drums, something I've wanted to do since I was 15
14. Started cooking on my own 
15. Started learning German
16. Played my first real gig! And it was awesome
17. Experimented a lot with alcohol
18. Got robbed of my brand new phone on Christmas Eve in Bangkok
19. Delved deeper into the wonderful world of music
20. Lost some and gained some


And well, it's true that you don't need New Year's Resolutions to make changes in your life. But I guess that's the fun of it. My New Year's Resolutions are, as always, to strive to be the best person I can be, to be kind to others, to enjoy university life and to be happy and healthy. 

All the best to everyone for the year ahead! :) 

2015 is quite a nice number btw

No comments: