Saturday, February 15, 2014

The coastline is quiet while we're quietly losing control

1. Morning session next week! Yesh. And I'll only be teaching one class for all my 32 periods. And it's till the end of the term. So hello boys and girls, we're gonna become real good friends for the next four weeks.

2. Teaching English the past week has allowed me to broaden my horizons and learn more about the English language than I ever knew. In primary school I was a complacent little brat and I never ever paid attention in English class. So I never knew what the official purposes of a semi-colon or a comma or a colon were; I just used them as and when I liked. (See, I just used a semi-colon! One of the main purposes of a semi-colon is, in fact, to join two simple sentences together to form a compound sentence. A semi-colon also marks a longer pause in a sentence than a comma. TADA. Thank you, P3 English textbook.)

Sadly, some of the kids were just yawning away. I don't blame them, though I did feel just a teeny weeny bit disheartened since I was doing my best to make the lesson interesting. Personally I've always found English classes in primary school boring too. I tried my best! There were also kids who looked interested and were actively shouting out answers anyway. Aww. I really appreciated the support :')

I actually think English is my favourite subject to teach so far. Like I actually derive a sense of satisfaction from it. But, nope, still don't think I'll ever want to be a teacher. I really don't like yelling at people every day.

3. I am finishing East of Denver. Shakes is going to be evicted from his land with his Dad. The growing garden was ruined by hungry deer, overnight. All that were left were tomatoes. Everything is going downhill; I'm scared to see how this story ends :( (Semi-colon again. Man, I'm good at this.)

4. Breakfast time, buh-bye

No comments: