Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Timothy, it's the farthest you've ever flown

Listening to Get Born on stereo (again). It's so very very touching :( The feelS. It goes from really hyped to melancholic and almost sad again. It's like a wake-up call placing Come Around Again right after Cold Hard Bitch. Like the hangover after a really good party. (Not that I would know anything about that)

And a lot of the songs have similar melodic structure actually and some are even in the same key but you can always tell them apart through the emotions you feel when you listen to it, like oh ok this is the Happy song, and this is the Let's Dance And Go Crazy song, and this is the Sad song, and this is the Life Sucks song, and this is the Sassy song.

And that one bass note that just booms out the stereo, I love it. Yet to figure out what note it is.

Get Born is just one huge, fun, amazing rock 'n' roll / classic rock record. It's not the most original piece of work out there, but it is memorable, and you will fall in love with it, and come home from work just to sit and listen to it in the afternoons.

Anyway, I'm currently reading East of Denver by Gregory Hill. Really wanted to read those previous books I borrowed, especially The Cook, but they were overdue.

East of Denver is about a man who has to go back to his old home, an old farm near Dorsey, to take care of his senile father. It's slow-moving, but it really talks a lot about country life so it's kinda interesting for me. And there are other interesting characters too.

It's like the kind of book that, if adapted into a film, would either win Oscars for its pure brilliance, or earn Razzie awards and get criticized for being 'watered-down', with 'feigned emotional sensitivity'.

Gonna continue reading now

(edit)
I've been eating a lot lately. I don't know why. I get hungry a lot and my mealtimes are kind of screwed up cause of work and somehow i end up eating like 3.5 full meals a day, one day i had 4 full meals. I can feel my tumtum going wumwum. (And I can hear my female friends reading this silently going 'yessss'.) 
(/edit)

No comments: