Sunday, February 2, 2014

It kills me not to know this, but I've all but just forgotten what the colour of her eyes were, and her scars or how she got them

"Look before you leap, but look over your shoulder- because that place you're leaping from, you'll never see it again.

Instinct will serve you better than any committee, even a committee of your best friends covened to decide what is in your best interests.

Be careful what you ask for, it'll get you. In fact, if you want it badly enough, it'll track your weary footsteps through the snow and ravage you until you're nothing but a pile of red mush.

Heartfelt experience concentrated to a diamond-like essence cannot be expressed as anything other than cliche. Sorry. This is a fact.

As Bob Dylan once said, 'Keep a clean head and always carry a lightbulb.' I don't know what it means, either.

Most people, as you'll learn, are essentially good; most people, you'll discover, are innately evil; most people, you'll find, are morally ambiguous. Kids, too.

I don't know what the sound of one hand clapping is, but I know it makes a lousy rhythm track.

If a tree falls in the forest, and no-one hears, no lawyers need be involved; with the creation of any other recordable sound, that is not the case.

Life is very short; life is very long; life is as long as a piece of string.

Beware those who moralize their incapacity.

Don't- whatever you were thinking just then: don't. 

Be true to who you really are, unless who you really are turns out to be Adolf Hitler or Ted Bundy, in which case repress yourself as much as you possibly can.

Find your inner beauty and offer it the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of plastic surgery.

If you're scared of clowns, don't run away to join the circus.

All will be revealed, but only if you tuck $20 in her garter.

It happens fast or it doesn't happen at all.

Don't mourn your own life.

There are no short cuts. Let me repeat that: There are no short cuts."

~


Picked up this book expecting to find tales of adventures on the road and lots of tears and laughter. Well, I got what I wanted and more.

In other news, Rise Against is officially one of my favourite bands. I thought I was just going through a phase, like my The Cab phase, but they're so amazing. Every song is a gem.

I don't think I'll love them the same way I loved My Chemical Romance, it's just different. MCR was the wagon I chose to hop onto during my adolescence, and they shaped me in nearly every way possible. I lived and breathed them the same way a lost fifteen-year-old girl would live and breathe an emo hard rock band (And anyone who vehemently denies the presence of emo is either deluding themselves or hasn't listened to I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love. I mean, it's why they're so well-loved in Japan).

But yes, I really like Rise Against.

(Hi Jiams! I updated!)

No comments: