Right, I'm pretty darn mad now because of two things.
One, I can't go to Foster the People's concert on the 14th this month because my mom isn't letting me go if I'm going alone. I'm not really mad at her actually- I'm more mad about the fact that I can't find anyone to go with me :/ I kind of agree with her that it's unsafe to go alone.
Ugh, I don't know what to do. I desperately want to go. Tickets are $85 and that's really cheap for a concert. Bookings are still open too, even though the concert's only in 11 days! If I miss this chance, they'll probably come back in maybe a few years' time, and tickets will be more expensive too.
Two, I can't find The Cab's second album, Symphony Soldier, anywhere. I rang up That Cd Shop, Hmv, Gramophone, and none of them carry the album. Like, WHAT. And I get even more annoyed when I can't find a particular album. I start wanting the album even more, and it irritates me! Haha I don't know how to explain it. It's like good food. The more you can't have it, the more you want it.
And I loooove Symphony Soldier. It's amazing. I wanted it as soon as I read that AbsolutePunk called it a 'masterpiece', because I trust critics' taste. And it's had a very, very positive critical reception. Asdfghjkl if someone can find me Symphony Soldier, I will love them forever.
---
Right, so I typed the above yesterday and didn't finish it because I went to various cd shop websites to get their contacts. This morning I rang up each shop and none of them have Symphony Soldier, ugh. I'm starting to wonder just how many copies of that album there are in Singapore.
Anyway, here's my last resort- downloading the entire album into my phone, which is what I'm doing right now. I want the album so bad :'( Plus Symphony Soldier is probably the most mainstream album I've ever wanted, how can it be so hard to find?!
Well, on to merrier stuff. What did you do on New Year's Eve? (Not like you can answer that) I went to Safra with Jiaminn around the afternoon. We bowled and it was really embarrassing because we were both really bad at it. I got 48 and she got 28. Lost count of how many gutter balls we got hahaha. This indian family next to us kept looking over as well :/
They were really funny because their young son was bowling as well, but he used the side-barrier thingums, so he got 83 points. And everytime he scored like a 6, 7 or 8, the adults would be like, "7 points, that's VERY GOOD!" -slaps on the back- -ruffle on the head- The enthusiasm in their tones was... excessive.
Boy, you guys should've seen the family when the boy got a strike.
After that we played pool, it was really fun! A lot more fun than I expected. We played three games I think, and then we got hungry and took a bus to Bedok Food Centre to eat xiaolongbao. It was great -thumbs up-
Coincidentally, I met Lifang and Zhenying there before we started eating, and later I went to Lifang's house. I was mainly reading her copy of Breaking Dawn while listening to her copy of Green Day's American Idiot. I liked it a lot!
It was actually a pretty normal day for New Year's Eve. After that I found out my parents were actually at home. They decided to stay home at the last minute to countdown instead of going to Marina Bay like they originally planned. So I went home just in time to watch the countdown on tv. The performances were crappy.
A lot of performers chose to do most of the worst pop songs of the year (eg. Love you like a love song) and there was this girl called Inch Chua (what kind of a name is Inch anyway) who sang really awful.
And then before I knew it, it was 2012! I hope it's gonna be a good year :) After the countdown my dad and I watched Inception. It still blew my mind away as fast as it did when I first watched it in the cinemas. Love Inception, it's probably one of the best films of my generation <3
On the first day of the year, I stayed home and played with my laptop. Yeah, I really did. I have no life :3
It was kind of like a hangover day, with no alcohol. I slept really late the night before (yes, 2am is considered an ungodly hour to me) so I recuperated at home on 1st Jan. Kind of sad, huh?
On the second day of the year, I went out with my family to eat at Thai Village at Kallang Leisure Park. I know it's cruel to eat shark's fins but I can't help but be selfish and say it's reaaaally nice :/ I heard from someone that the sharks' fins we eat are actually fake. I hope they are!
After lunch I went to the same Safra I went to with Jiams on New Year's Eve, to find Dionne, Jiaminn and Elaine. They were bowling, and all three of them were doing a lot better than Jiams and I did the previous time! We played pool and basketball later, after having overpriced cup noodles.
It was pretty fun, but I regret not bringing a hairtie because my hair kept getting in my face. We were also being really mean to Elaine hahahah.
Yesterday I went out with Lianne. We arranged to meet at 9 so we could have lots of time, and I was supposed to give her a wake-up call at 7.30am but I woke up 10 minutes late. I grabbed my phone to call her and when she answered and I started talking, I was horrified to find I sounded terrible.
You know how in stories people who just wake up have sexy voices? Yeah well I sounded like I swallowed a horse, so... myth.
After we met we went to eat at Mac's for breakfast, then we went to ATB and hopped on a bus 22. Halfway, we decided it didn't seem like we were going anywhere nice so we alighted and got on the next bus that came. I can't remember the number but it was a 70-something.
We alighted when Lianne spotted Nex, and then we went to look around there. I think it was my first time at Nex. It's okay I guess, there are nice shops there and it's not crowded at all. There were a lot of students loitering around though. -suspicious- It was the first day of school and it was only around 12, so we didn't see why there should be students there.
Then we got on another random bus that brought us near Macpherson Mrt. On the bus, there was a guy sitting alone at the back. Lianne and I were camwhoring with her camera. It's the kind that has a screen attached to it so you can see how you look in the camera (I have no idea what it's called- I'm a nub at cameras) and I jokingly zoomed the camera in on the guy.
And he actually looked back at the screen! I quickly handed the camera over to Lianne HAHAHA.
There were a lot of bengs hanging around Macpherson, it was kinda scary. Lianne said when we walked past a bunch of them, she heard someone saying "Hi, hi, hi" but she couldn't tell if it was directed at us and just kept walking faster. I didn't hear anything o.o
We took the mrt to Orchard, and spent the rest of the day shopping around. We also went to A&F, it was our first time there but I didn't think the clothes were that nice. They actually mostly looked the same.
Lianne wanted to take a picture with the topless male model standing at the door because she wanted the Polaroid that came with it (She likes photography a lot) but I didn't want to because it was so awkward hahaha.
In the end she took a photo alone with him. It was really funny because when he took her arm and put it around his waist, she pulled back a little and he actually said to her, "Now don't be nervous," and proceeded to put his own arm around her LOOOL.
At Hmv Somerset, I bought Green Day's seventh album American Idiot <33 I listened to it just now, it's pretty darn good! Plus it was on sale, so 12 bucks for about 20 songs is reaaaally worth it. YAY.
I also bought a dress for Chinese New Year. It's a nice mix between beige and grey, knee-length, and there are two front pockets and buttons from top to bottom. I don't have a picture of it and I'm lazy to take one :) I really like it though.
I'll post pictures I promise!
BYE
~
No comments:
Post a Comment