JANUARY.
January was a rough month, when I got back my 'O' level results. I cried really hard and I will always be thankful to Lifang for being there for me that day, she's an amazing friend.
Lynchua and I got the same results, and quite a number of days leading up till the submission of school choices were spent anxiously debating with her over the phone if we should choose poly or JC.
It got so frustrating trying to decide that we both agreed at one point that it would have been much better to score either a really good score or a really bad score, so we wouldn't have to face the dilemma of choosing to go to either one of the worst JCs or a good poly.
In the end she chose poly and I chose JC, and even though we didn't choose the same school as we both hoped, I'm glad because we're both happy with where we are now.
FEBRUARY.
We had an Orientation Group three-day day camp, and I attended on the first day. I felt so depressed looking around at the school that I never thought I'd go to, and annoyed by the fact that everyone (mainly the OGLs) looked like they were having so much fun. I also felt extremely awkward with my OG mates.
The few days after that eventful first day, I didn't turn up for camp. I spent the time at home moping about the house, feeling like crying and wondering how I was going to survive the next two years.
We got our class allocation around the later part of the month, after two weeks of sample lectures with my OG. I was pretty relieved that my new classmates seemed friendly enough.
MARCH.
L, T and I had a sleepover at L's house, which was fun! We really need to have another one again :(
We had a J1 camp to foster class bonding. My class auditioned to perform I'm Yours for Soul Night, and we got through! The camp was fun and memorable :)
I still remember us girls lying in our sleeping bags in the dark talking in whispers so we wouldn't get caught, and when someone unexpectedly came in to check on us we all pretended to be asleep hahahaha. Another memory is our class sitting out on the school field at night, some of us lying on the cool grass. Even Ms Wong said "I'm tired" and lay down next to me and Khaliesah hahaha.
We also woke up at 5am to shower, thinking we were genius, but apparently we weren't the first ones up :/ and then we watched the sunrise.
APRIL.
An old friend that I'd previously lost contact with suddenly contacted me again, and asked if I was interested in joining a band. After results day, I was resolved to turn myself into a muggertoad and not commit to anything outside of studies other than cca (that resolve didn't last very long though), but of course that temptation was too great to resist, and I said ok.
Around mid-April, I went on a study date with Xuemin to tampines library, and the moment I took out my books, I have no idea why but I suddenly felt terrible, and like I didn't know what I was doing with my life. I honestly nearly cried right there and then, I think it was stress or something, but I wanted to quit JC because I couldn't see myself carrying on like that for the next two years. I had no motivation to study at all because I wasn't interested in what I was studying.
I went out of the library and called Lynchua, and told her everything, and how badly I wanted to quit and go to poly. I was completely determined to do so, and asked her about her course's intake and all that, then I went home to talk to my parents about it.
Their reaction was a downright no, and they started telling me about how my ultimate goal is to get into a local uni and all that, and how I'm not cut out for poly, blah blah.
But anyway I stayed obviously, and I think I'm honestly glad they made me stay, because now I realise how I'm really not cut out for poly at all. That doesn't mean I'm not jealous of poly kids though, because they still seem to have so much more free time than we do :(
I think I never blogged about this haha so it may be kinda shocking.
MAY.
The Batam trip! It was... eventful. I honestly did feel glad that I was born in Singapore when I saw how Batam was like.
And I will always remember how me, Huiyi and Khaliesah bunked together, and Khaliesah at night was all like, "LET'S GO PARTYYY! Come on girls let's goooo!"
And me and Huiyi weren't really that keen to go crash the others' rooms because we were tired, but we obliged anyway, and when we looked away from the tv about a minute later at Khaliesah, she was fast asleep on the single bed lololol
JUNE.
Guitar ensemble had a joint concert with chinese orchestra and concert band, and the overall experience was pretty sucky for me because the girls had to wear godawful gowns, and my assigned seat was near the edge of the stage, like I was the last in my row, and everyone could see me.
After that was pretty fun though cause me and Yiying were the first ones to change out of our gowns once our performance was over, and I felt so relieved in my pe t-shirt, skirt and sneakers. And we took a bunch of photos with the classmates who came to support us, aww :')
It was the holiday month, but right after we came back was our SAs, so basically it was more like a study period -__- June was spent trying to strike a balance between catching up with old friends and mugging. I was going out nearly everyday.
On one mugging session with Jiams at the airport, we also happened to see Jay Park and some korean boyband called B1A4. It was my first time seeing sooooo many fangirls in the same area, and the noise level there was just seriously crazy. Me and Jiams left the place slightly traumatised.
The band I joined in April didn't last long, and so I formed another band, this time with schoolmates so it was easier for us to meet up to jam. It was kinda a reckless decision, knowing that promos were near.
SAs also began around late June 😱
JULY.
SAs ended in early July, woohoo~
Jiams and I went to Baybeats, which is definitely something I did not regret at all. The bands were amazing, and the energy was crazy. PLOT! and Cashew Chemists were probably my favourite bands there.
Jiams, Et and I also went to clash of the bands around a week later, and that was where we watched Dropbeat Heartbeat for the first time. They're a really great local pop punk band, and their stage presence was just wow.
A lot of July was also spent jamming with my schoolmates for an audition for Teachers' Day. Thinking back, I must've wasted quite a bit of money on jamming because we didn't make it in the end, but it was still a good experience.
I did audition with another group as well though. We performed Payphone, and got through auditions easily. I remember having mixed feelings about the audition results because my band practiced so hard, but my Payphone group only met up briefly during breaks in school or after school to practice. Oh well
AUGUST.
Because I spent a lot of time jamming in July, I didn't do well for my CAs, and had to mug more than usual to catch up with schoolwork.
We also had plenty of rehearsals in preparation for our Teachers' Day concert performance, and then the real thing came. It was a great experience :)
SEPTEMBER.
Mugging in preparation for promos, which began in late september.
OCTOBER.
Promos ended in early October!!!
I turned seventeen on the 2nd :) I was actually kinda sad about turning seventeen because sixteen sounds nicer, but oh well. I was blessed to have eaten three birthday cakes on that day, and much love to everyone to wished me, wrote cards or letters for me, or gave me a present :)
I realise almost all my presents have something to do with music haha like I got a You Me At Six album from my bandmates, an Avenged Sevenfold t-shirt from melons and two All Time Low posters from Christine awww
October also marked the start of my Pierce The Veil phase. They're definitely one of my favourite bands now.
After promos, I of course went out a lot and shopped a lot. We also got our promo results around mid-October, and then we began OP preparation :O
Eternally grateful for a teacher like Ms Wong, she really went out of her way to help us with OP. I hope all the groups in our class score As for pw so we can make her proud :)
NOVEMBER.
OP came and went, and so did I&R. It's hard to believe PW is all over now, but I'm glad of course.
We got our overall results. I just wish Ali and Khaliesah didn't have to leave us sigh.
We got into the morning lectures routine, which just felt weird. I miss tutorials :/ completely lost in lectures.
And now school's out! It's the start of the so-called holidays which are just a cover-up for us J1 kids to mug -shakes head-
~
So yeah, that's it for the recap on the past year. That took wayyy longer than I expected.
Anyway, congrats to all J2s who've finished their 'A's :) You're free to go party and do all sorts of crazy shiat! I'm so envious :(
November is drawing to a close, scary how fast that happened. It still feels like October or something, gosh.
I'll be leaving for Taiwan with my fam on the 11th of December, I'm kinda excited :) we're coming back on the 19th. Try not to miss me alright guys :(
The days before I leave Singapore will prolly be spent trying to finish my crazy pile of homework so I can lax during my Christmas break. Seriously, it's nuts. I thought I could use the break to revise the year's worth of work, but no, of course homework has to ruin my plans :(
Today is such a gloomy day. Nutty weather
BYE
~
No comments:
Post a Comment