Monday, August 18, 2014

Chop Suey




My latest song addiction. I know it's old but it's so damn good!

I'm in lesbians with this song. (movie reference you got three seconds to guess it- oh nope time's up) 

Today was a pretty eventful day

Started off Monday with the 9am three-hour Econs lecture haha it didn't feel as long as last week's, thankfully!

Had lunch at Platypus Food Bar @ the Faculty of Science during the four-hour break with Lianne :) Portions were extremely generous! We got the medium bowls and they were literally filled with food. Really worth it for $7.50, but it tasted just decent, not really anything fantastic. My hazelnut latte and Lianne's iced lemon tea were also... meh.

Would definitely go there if I were super hungry, though.

Then we went to the Engineering block to do our Socio readings. Today's travelling was extremely hectic, idk why. We nearly couldn't get on the bus to school and all the buses we took were packed to the brim.

It was also mega tiring walking from any one place to another because there's all these staircases up and down everywhere. I can't imagine doing this for the next few years haha.

After Socio lecture, Lianne accompanied me to my audition for cac Amplified. I tried so hard to not be nervous but how can you not be nervous facing your biggest fear? Which in my case, is having to play an instrument in a roomful of extremely intimidating semi-professional musicians.

Also my fault for being geh kiang despite knowing I'm a jack of all trades and master of none, and opting in the online form to audition for both bass and vox. Sang Finding Home by Saosin (everyone in the room went, "Who?" when I told them the song title and artiste) and my throat was so dry and I knew I was pitchy, plus I have insecurities with my tone. I am so sad.

Really don't think I stand a chance, but oh well. Still glad I went for it, cause I know I definitely would've regretted not going. Also managed to make a couple of new friends, yay me!

I actually don't know when I started being so socially awkward. I remember being a really noisy kid; my parents used to call me jiao gei which means 'talkative'. But nowadays it really takes time for me to start talking more in front of new people, though I guess maybe that's normal for most people? Haha

Journey-ed back to the East with Lianne (as usual, we were laughing like a pair of bananas about the most random things on the train hahaha) and bought my own dinner.

I have to wake up at 5.30am tomorrow for lectures. Wish me luck :')

Good night!

No comments: