Hiya
Feeling so stressed now :( Over all sorts of random things.
Tomorrow is September... damn, time flies.
Lum posted a really cute collage of us on Instagram last night, with a really sweet caption,
"Earlier on SJ said "I miss you lumpy" and that was when I realized how queer it was going to classes without them now. Come to think of it, we were rly a clingy bunch - so much so our classmate said once "If you tell one of them (something), all 3 will know. #meangirls5eva #missugirlstoo"
:((( Pack your bags kids, we're going on a feels trip...
Haha jk but really, I miss JC. Not so much the studying part, of course, but having a homeroom and the most diverse but amazing (albeit gossipy, especially the boys ironically) bunch of classmates.
I miss that feeling of stepping into a classroom and knowing every face and name and getting used to their presences after a while. Even if you're not close to everyone, you're still comfortable enough to talk nonsense and joke around in front of them.
Your teachers are kind, caring and extremely patient, some of them join you sometimes in talking rubbish, and there is this friendly atmosphere in the classroom all year round because it's always the same 24 (give or take a few) of you.
I miss yelling, "Race you there!", playing guitar in empty classrooms, 'ear-dropping' (inside joke) on classmates' conversations, literally running down to the canteen every Tuesday right after math lecture...
I will never get over the one time we ran along the corridor past this guy also heading to the canteen, and he saw us running and broke into a run too. Never. I'm cracking up as I type this.
In uni it's really a whole new world. Suddenly information is no longer spoonfed to you, you have to constantly go online and check for announcements because lecture slides can be released on the same day of the lecture itself, lecturers are distant because there's just so many of you and you almost never see the same person in more than one class. Everyone is just moving around, rushing to places in a huge, intimidating environment that is your campus.
People are self-assured, cool and confident, shaking hands and making friends like it's second nature to them, while you fumble because all people did in JC was awkwardly say their names and mumble a 'hi'.
Sigh
Oh wellz, dinnertime.
(edit: done with dinner.
I just want to go outside and find somewhere cold and lie down with a hot drink and listen to Tigers Jaw... is that too much to ask for?)
No comments:
Post a Comment