Saturday, August 30, 2014

I saw water

Listening to Tigers Jaw after a whole week of being deprived of the time to sit down and listen to some magic.

Well, not like I really have the time now actually. But too tired to care

Been feeling floaty the whole day because I came home past midnight last night. Yes, that is late for me.

Can't believe I travelled all the way to NUS for the Amplified meeting haha.

But it was pretty worth it! Almost everybody in the room liked the Chili Peppers. -insert crying emoticon here-

We had to go one round saying our names, what instrument we played and what genres we liked. Sadly, most or all of the singers were mainstream lovers, the guitarists and drummers were metalheads and the other bassists were jazz people. No rockers or punkers :(

(shit, Tigers Jaw is so damn good I want to cry)

People mostly just remembered me as the only girl bassist / only rock-lover haha. 苦笑 (LOL love how this directly translates to 'bitter laughing')

Managed to make a few acquaintances. I'm so terrible at socialising one guy even asked me if I was socially awkward. Ha ha

Someone brought their guitar and we went outside for a little acoustic jam. It was so fun :) I was the worst singer in our group of about five cause the rest were vocalists, but it was all good, I loved listening to them. Never heard such wonderful voices in my life! Heard that the vocalist turnout was pretty big so I guess those who got through are really the cream of the crop, wow.

A German guy walked past and stopped to say hi and listen a bit. I said, "Wie geht's?" and he replied me but I didn't understand his reply. Hahahahha

Abrupt end

Bye

No comments: