This post was typed out on my iPod, so just ignore any spelling/grammar mistakes.
Firstly, I just realised in Pink's So What video, she played the exact elec guitar that I have at home! Unfortunately she smashed it to death in the end. But that guitar is my uncle's and it's probably way older than me. Both of my guitars are my seniors, as I've said before. And coincidentally I also saw that guitar being used in the Tamp studio, near Block 201B I think? So weird huh. Must've been a real popular model.
Secondly, Burlesque is PG13, thank God. It's like one month till release in SG and I'm already desperate to watch it. Christina Aguilera's voice is like... Indescribable. LOL. And then there's Cam Gigandet in it. HAWT ttm. Those biceps I saw in the trailer... /pam Hah I feel like a perv.
I'm quite the sucker for these kind of movies. Fame, all three Step Ups, Stomp The Yard, (I especially like this one cause it's got both Chris Brown and Ne-Yo in it haha kidding) Take The Lead. Step Up 1 was my favourite out of all the Step Ups. Choreo was amazing, Channing and Jenna were awesome, plot wasn't too bad as well. Rebellious street dancer meets aspiring dance school ballerina -gasp-
Moving on! Remember that tsunami in Dec 2006 that killed tens/hindreds of thousands of people? Well I realise I was there with my family barely one week before it happened. We were in Phuket and before that, we were on the cruise and my mom says she remembers us asking her why we could hearing this bubbling noise below the ship, like smth was boiling, and she said it never happened before.
But we didn't think much of it. And when we were on Phuket, we had a great time. There was a small drinks store and we bought coke and sat there and admired the beach, and my mom wanted me to go have my hair braided into cornrows by this smiling old woman on the beach who offers hair braiding services to the tourists there.
She kept wanting me to go despite me repeatedly saying no, and I realise now that she actually just wanted to help the old lady make some money. And then after that we went to have lunch at a western food place, the young lady was very friendly and I still remember having a chicken burger, and it was good.
But thinking back now, the drinks stall man, the old smiling lady, the young waitress, they're most likely all dead. My mom had an ex-colleague who was there when it happened, and she managed to escape. She was traumatised and was never the same afterward- she couldn't speak properly for three months.
I was seriously really lucky that my holiday trip there wasn't during that time. My father wanted to go during xmas, buty mother didn't want to go so late, and thank heavens she said no, or I wouldn't be here today.
Guess I just wanna say that life is actually really short, and I know it sounds like a really bad line from a movie, but you really gotta treasure it, and be happy you were born in SG, because really. We are one of the safest places in the entire enormous world. So treasure your life, take it seriously. I'm no life philosopher, but I do believe we're all here for a reason.
I was like this close to becoming a victim of a natural disaster.
~
No comments:
Post a Comment