Just realised I didn't start out liking any of my favourite bands.
I wrote Mayday Parade and All Time Low off as just some sellout bands when I first listened to them. First song I ever heard from Mayday Parade was Jersey, back in 2011. I didn't like it, I thought there was nothing special about it, but then I went back and listened to it some time later and I fell in love.
And then I'd heard of All Time Low since I was way younger, but I'd never gone to check them out. Till one day when I heard I Feel Like Dancin' on radio, and went to listen to them. Heard Six Feet Under The Stars acoustic on youtube, but again thought it was nothing special, kinda bland. Man what was I thinking then haha.
Got into Pierce The Veil last year. Listened to Caraphernelia but it didn't appeal to me. I thought Vic sounded awfully screechy, like he was straining his throat too much. But they're like my favourite band now, and I cannot express how much I love his voice. Haha
Oh best example yet would definitely be My Chemical Romance. I really owe a lot to them. They were the first real band I ever, ever listened to. (Unless you consider the Jonas Brothers a band, but hey, I still like them)
I hated MCR with a passion, because my brother was going through an MCR phase at the time and singing all their songs. I didn't appreciate Gerard's screamy vocals, wasn't into rock music at all at that time. So I hated them for about half a year, called them a lame emo band and all.
Yeah, I probably would've hated the thirteen-year-old me.
Anyways I have to go do some work SA1s in 4 days I should be stressed but no, here I am watching "All Time Low funny moments part 1"
BYE
~
No comments:
Post a Comment