All Time Low at The Coliseum, Hard Rock Hotel, Singapore on wednesday, 6th March 2013 was probably the best night of my life.
It just blew me away, the amount of effort and energy they obviously put into their show. I always knew they gave 110% for every show but wow it was just crazy.
And I am just so so happy that they love Singapore, I mean they said things like "You guys are some of the best fans in the world" and "Let's just move here man" and idk maybe they say that to every country but then again it's their second time coming here in just two years and there's only one other SEA country they're going to this year.
I remember being so bummed about not being able to make it to the October 2011 concert because of O levels and how me and Christine would tweet each other about how we'd kill to go to an All Time Low concert and now we've finally been to one. It's an amazing feeling knowing you've seen and heard your favourite band live.
Sadly Christine and I were separated during the show though because I decided to not skip school to queue at the last minute, because I had a 1.5h math tutorial that I wanted to attend haha
So she got first row, an M&G pass and a drumstick from Rian that she caught during the show. I am so so happy for her, she deserves it so much.
I met Mistika and Charles after school (2 of the 5 people I went with to Pierce The Veil haha) and we went to Hard Rock together. Reached around close to 4pm and got a pretty decent spot in the queue.
Mistika and I were doing tutorials while waiting hahaha and these malay girls were judging us and talking about us in malay cause Mistika looks chinese so they didn't know she could understand them lolol
We got in around 7pm and waited really long for the opening act, which was Dropbeat Heartbeat, my favourite local band!!
While waiting the speakers played songs in the background and there were so many songs that the crowd knew haha. They played songs like Pierce The Veil's Caraphernelia, Tonight Alive's Breaking And Entering, Mayday Parade's Jersey and Black Cat, Blink-182's All The Small Things.
I was singing and singing and this lady turned around to say after Jersey ended and went 'wow, you have a really great voice' hehe ego boost 10%
DBHB were amazing they never fail to disappoint :)
Then we waited for close to an hour for ATL to set up. My legs were already aching by then, there wasn't even much room for us to move around haha felt so trapped.
Here's the set list
1. Somewhere In Neverland
2. Forget About It
3. For Baltimore
4. Stella
5. Heroes
6. If These Sheets Were States
7. Jasey Rae
8. Damned If I Do Ya (Damned If I Don't)
9. Coffee Shop Soundtrack
10. Remembering Sunday
11. Therapy
12. Lost In Stereo
13. Backseat Serenade
14. Time-Bomb
Encore:
15. The Reckless And The Brave
16. Weightless
17. Dear Maria, Count Me In
I love love love the entire set list and the fact that their encore was three songs I mean which band would do that? Even Alex said it himself jokingly "We're playing three songs for an encore, that's a lot more than most bands give you."
The only thing that would've made it more perfect was if they'd played more songs from So Wrong, It's Right because that's my favourite ATL album, it's just pure classic pop punk at its very best. But s'okay though I did some research on their past 2013 set lists so I kinda expected it
I have to admit though, playing songs like Weightless and Somewhere In Neverland are definitely crowd-pleasers and they get the audience really high so I don't blame them, I had so much fun during those songs anyway.
I loved Stella live omg.
And Heroes, I can't. I honestly didn't really think they'd play Heroes live but they did. I legit screamed at Mistika next to me when they started the song. I love that song so much and now I've actually heard it live. Unbelievable.
If These Sheets Were The States was another song I really really loved live.
And Jasey Rae was just incredible. That song hits so close to home and I was totally pining so hard for them to play it live. It was on my mental list of songs I wanted to hear them play, including Six Feet Under The Stars and Stay Awake, though sadly they played neither but it's all cool.
Nothing beats a crowd that can sing. I totally got chills when everyone sang those memorable lines together; "I've never told a lie, and that makes me a liar. I've never made a bet but we gamble in desire."
Of course they played Remembering Sunday and Therapy, both of which were breathtaking, especially when Alex unexpectedly sang Juliet's part in Remembering Sunday. It was beautiful.
And then Lost In Stereo. I don't even know what to say. Can't even express how I felt when I was singing along.
Ending with Dear Maria, Count Me In was pretty much expected but it was basically the best song they could think of to end the whole set. It was so amazing.
The night was so amazing. And that's an understatement. Thank you, All Time Low. I love you guys so much, and the kind of dedication, blood, sweat and tears you put into what you do really inspires me. x
There's a story at the bottom of this bottle and I'm the pen.
~
No comments:
Post a Comment