Friday, March 7, 2014

Call me a safe bet / I'm betting I'm not

End of the most busy week of 2014 so far. 

Monday was the day. 

I didn't do as well as I expected. Up till now, I can't decide whether to feel sad or happy with my results. At first I was sad and I burst into tears when I saw my grades, then in the afternoon that day I felt better, then at night I went home and was emo again. The cycle repeated itself for the next few days. 

I think it's like, compared to what I should've been expecting from my O level score, I performed better than I probably should have, but compared to how I've been doing for the past two years, I definitely underperformed. I'm most disappointed with Math and PW. 

I know we got PW a long time back, but I still die a little inside everytime I think of that stupid B plus the fact that I'm the only one in my group who got a B. And Math, I was banking so hard on an A. Thinking about it though, I guess I've made the most improvement in Math out of all my subjects. I was a straight U-grader for the first half of the year in J1 even though I really did try, then I managed to get an overall D for Math at the end of the year, and finally a B for Prelims. But, still. :( 

And the worst part is knowing everyone else expected so much better from you. My parents, my teachers, my classmates. 

But nevermind about that. 

My mom seems happy enough about it anyway. She said that day that she should've had two daughters. I asked why, and she said, "Then both will be like you." And I was like awww. 

Tuesday, I met up with a new band. I met their guitarist online and it was my first time meeting up with all of them. Glad to say they seem like good-natured people and they play well. The drummer said I play bass well and complimented my harmonies -insert suitable emoticon here- 

We jammed First Date - Blink-182, All The Small Things and American Idiot. We intended to jam I Don't Care - Apocalyptica as well but none of us really prepared it, so. It was a good jamming sesh. 

Wednesday, I went home after work. 

Thursday was Mayday Parade's concert! I have to admit though, I personally think they sounded the least amazing out of the three concerts I've seen. Pierce The Veil and All Time Low had a lot more energy, great playing and connection with the crowd. 

What I love about concerts is the freedom to move around and party to your favourite music. Everything pre-show gives you a great feeling- the background music, surrounded by people who love the same band, even the gum-chewing, bored-looking security. 

And the thing with concerts is once you're inside, there is no such thing as a personal circle. There will be arms touching arms, chests against backs, shoulders bumping other shoulders and feet trampling on other feet. 

So yesss. They played You Be The Anchor and Jersey!!! No The End, though. And there was Miserable At Best and Stay :') Miserable At Best was just such a classic. Encore was I'd Hate To Be You When You Find Out What This Song Is About (couldn't help but compare the one-song encore to All Time Low when they played 3 songs for their encore haha).

I was also very restless before the concert and couldn't wait to get the opening band over and done with, but they were actually really good. Singer looked high. Drummer was beastly. They're called Aspectrum, gonna check them out later. 

Off to mark some papers I took home. Buh-bye

No comments: