Oh boy, look what I found.
It's my J1 class timetable, still colourfully highlighted.
I love finding things like these, they make me remember stuff I thought I forgot but that was actually just hiding in the back of my mind.
Now, let's see. I can't recall much about Mondays. Oh, but I do remember getting let out earlier than most of the class because some of us didn't take MTL. (Thank God for scraping through and getting a B3 for Chinese back in secondary school)
Tuesdays and Thursdays were 'late days' and back in the earlier half of the year when the enthusiasm levels were still high, some of us would go out for Macs breakfasts together.
If my memory hasn't failed me, Tuesdays were also my favourite days to skip school.
Wednesdays were terrible! Awfully packed, so we ended early, but that was only so we could have CCA for the afternoons (and sometimes the evenings). Math lectures first thing in the morning with Ms. OBS. She was a very memorable lady.
Our only break for that day was half an hour, but after that was four consecutive hours of lessons, and the painful thing was the E block, where our homeroom was located, was so far away from the canteen.
Our then Chemistry tutor, Ms. Khoo, was extremely unhappy that we were always turning up late for chem, sometimes with a drink in hand.
One time, she made those who were late stand outside. We ended up playing games since we were locked out with nothing to do.
Thursdays were lazy days.
Fridays were dress-down days. Also good days since the few of us who were excused from MTL would have a two-hour break. Most of the time we just used to it eat really slowly and play games in the canteen. Sometimes some of our MTL classmates would skip class to come down and hang for a while.
So yeah. I do miss E209, it was the only homeroom we had since we somehow didn't have a homeroom in J2, and it was a good homeroom. There was an air-con too haha, an extra perk for those classes lucky enough to be assigned the E block classrooms.
JC sounds so fun now that I've done a rough recap on it. But then again, all of that was just J1. Not mentioned in this entry were the late nights (ok maybe not for me, I could never keep a late night) spent studying for tests and exams, and the pressure, and CCA.
There were good times and there were bad times, and some of the bad times were really bad, for me.
But oh well, I guess you make the best out of every situation.

No comments:
Post a Comment