Saturday, March 1, 2014

You are the smell before rain

Anddd it's the end of another week. The week actually passed pretty quickly. And I've been talking about the upcoming week for quite some time now, and it's finally here. Scary how time flies.

Speaking of which, it's 1 March today! Wow. Are we really into the third month of 2014 already? I was also anticipating hearing the church bells at 12pm. I love the sound of it.

Had a great time with L and T last night. We had bkt dinner at Song Fa (which was yumz) and bought drinks and camped by Clarke Quay. I had coffee and they had alcohol. Beer with 7up tastes really good!

Today I woke up with the great feeling of knowing I have nothing to do. Which kinda got old after half an hour on Neopets (Fun fact: I've accumulated 43,000 NP!).

Then I turned on the TV and found a really good movie called Murder By Numbers. It's about two detectives (mainly Sandra Bullock) who have to outsmart two serial killer teenagers.

With a cast like Sandra Bullock, Ryan Gosling and Michael Pitt, you know you can't go wrong. Ryan Gosling's character, Richard, was handsome and wealthy, but dangerous. He sort of emotionally blackmailed his partner-in-crime, Michael Pitt's character Justin, to make use of his intelligence.

Justin had all the plans and the carefully thought-out crime details. He was a genius with the forensics, but unlike Richard, he felt guilty when he murdered, and puked.

Their relationship is also really interesting. They had a boathouse on a cliff in which they created a makeshift shrine for themselves, and their own secret oath.

Then there is the visual aspect. Ryan Gosling is tall, lean and blonde, dons a red leather jacket for most of the film, and he does the perfect creepy smile, leer, careless stroll and lazy, accented drawl.

Michael Pitt had the best serial killer face I've ever seen in a movie. Green eyes, terse mouth, dirty blonde hair parted in the centre. He has this aura.

Ending part was also awesome. If you like slightly dark movies with complex characters, then this is it.

Ok bye, off to youtube

No comments: