Saturday, April 5, 2014

Scott Pilgrim







Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: Best Clips.





Great movie, though it felt kind of weird and trippy so I didn't finish watching it. But they had a lot of great lines.



And, Kieran Culkin (who plays Wallace, Scott's gay roommate) might not be straight in the movie but holy shit, he was s-e-x-y.



I was wondering why in the world he was so familiar and at first I thought he was Michael Pitt (I was ready to freak out once I found out he was Michael Pitt, but then he really wasn't) and so I did my research and he's the brother of the guy who played the kid in Home Alone. Mystery solved.



Today was a good day, I finally found What's Eating Gilbert Grape? the full movie online, and watched it. It was really great and I thought Becky was a really relatable character. Johnny Depp and Leo DiCaprio, of course, amazing as always. Leo's portrayal of Arnie Grape, a mentally disabled 18-year-old, was flawless.



And I loved everything about it: the way they filmed it, the way they created the whole setting for Endora, a 'small, quiet town where nothing ever happens', and there were all these sort of stereotypical characters but they added dimensions to their personalities.



Then in the afternoon I went out and got my bass amp -insert starry-eyed emoji here- Sadly I didn't realise I forgot to buy a new cable so I'll have to wait till tomorrow to try it out at home, but still :)))



I'm hungry.


No comments: