At CBTL now.
Never liked CBTL because their cakes and coffee all taste like diabetes (though today I ordered a espresso vanilla latte and it was potent) but no choice because it's the closest and most convenient coffee place to my house. -cries-
And Starbucks is just shitty, so no way I'd go there unless I'm really desperate. (Ok maybe I just hold a grudge because they have a strict no-studying policy, so damn discriminatory ugh)
So lemme recap the last few days
Went to Ikea last Friday with Lianne for lunch (we always over-order when we go out hahahha) and it was, I think, the first time we didn't spam pictures at all the display rooms, we just walked past them calmly like cool, mature young adults hahahahah
I remember when the three of us would go to Ikea all the time back in our upper sec days and take the most wuliao pictures HAHA good times man
Played with the cat at her block's void deck. It's super cute!!! I love tri-coloured cats.
Then we watched 21 Jump Street at her house, I thought it was pretty lame but Lianne thought it was not bad. We laughed like crazy at some stuff, check out her latest post at catchingaeroplanes.blogspot.com
(Some angmoh just took a seat right opposite me in the virtually empty CBTL, erm.)
On Saturday I went down to NUS alone to sign up for orientation, cause Lianne was overseas with her boyfwen. The long MRT ride to Buona feels even longer without company!
The last time I went with L, I remember we were talking about LPP (more than that later!!) and she'd signed up for French LPP while I signed up for German LPP.
And somehow we started stringing together random French words to try to form a sentence and it was damn funny HAHAHA I'm laughing just thinking about it.
"Bonjour, pasta linguine deja vu luncheon, madamoiselle?"
HAHAHA excuse our poor sense of humour
So I finally reached UTown. It was ten minutes after registration officially opened, and the queue was already a horrifying mile long omg. I expected a queue but the queue I saw... it exceeded expectations. Had to queue for a dreadful two hours. Thankfully I didn't have to queue alone cause I met Daine and Jiawen :)
(Another reason to never come to CBTL again, their wifi sucks and I keep getting disconnected every fifteen minutes.)
Went to Star Vista for lunch, then headed to Baybeats alone. It was the second day! Saw three bands: Lost Weekend, a conventional pop rock group, False Plaintiff, a metalcore band, and wyd:syd, an indie band.
My favourite was Lost Weekend, kind of surprisingly. They were really good. False Plaintiff was also great but unfortunately I'm past my metalcore phase. wyd:syd was my least favourite, just not my cup of tea. But they were probably good in a sense.
Bumped into Christine too! She was with a whole group of her friends ha ha awkward though I didn't meet them. Why don't I have any friends who like going to gigs :( (other than Jessica, my lifesaver when it comes to anything band-related)
Sunday was stay-home day, as usual.
OH and yes, yesterday Lianne and I found out we got into LPP!!! YAYY HAHA like she said, totally makes up for not getting into orientation. (Yes, queued for two hours only to be put on the waiting list hahahaha life sux) I literally jumped for joy when I saw the email hahaha. Texted my mom, "I got into LPP!" and all she replied was "Congrats!" Haha ye apathy runs in the family.
Had sinful food all day yesterday too. Fried beehoon with veggie and a chicken drumstick for brunch. The chicken was damn disgusting, it tasted weird somehow and I threw away the whole thing.
And it was frigging $4.20 wts! $2 at most for the beehoon + 50c for the vegg + a dollar for the drumstick does not add up to $4.20. The beady-eyed auntie prolly knew I was a pushover and would pay quietly and go home to sulk about not having the balls to stand up to her.
Starting to feel hungry now. Bye
(edit: just realised I forgot to remove my bullet points HAHA so embarrassing)
(oh, not bad, managed to churn out a long-ish post today)
2 comments:
YAY congrats for getting into LPP!!
Heh heh thank you!!
Post a Comment