Nihao
Ok I'm gonna just speed-write a quick post cause I'm meeting Lianne at 12 (TANIA it's cause we're gonna do registration online for LPP! Haha) and sooo I have approximately 40 minutes left. I haven't even showered or packed my bagggg.
I don't remember what I did from Wednesday to Friday last week. I think I just stayed home and read my book and played Neopets hahaha. I had drums on Thursday though, and it was GR8 cause I finally got to play something other than the snare heh heh
But recently I can't help worrying about how I'm gonna cope when uni starts, cause there's school and German and drums and most probably band too... Oh well, when there's a will there's a way right?
Saturday was a busy day. Went with Carmen and Haoran to this Cosplay event at E!Hub. Carmen was cosplaying as a basketball player! (crap just realised I forgot to reply her text) I know nuts about anime but I thought I'd just go to have a look and to support a dear friend.
It was pretty kool. I never realised how huge the cosplaying scene in Singapore is, but maybe like Carmen said, it's a big event so. There were so many people dressed in anime character costumes (predictably, none that I knew of hahaha) and the atmosphere was pretty overwhelming.
But I thought it was amazing to see all the various costumes, and some of them, you can just tell from a glance, were painstakingly made, with a great deal of effort put into every single minute detail. It almost felt like an art exhibition haha except that almost all the subjects and visitors were teenagers. I think most of them there were younger than us.
Left around mid-afternoon to go find Shijia at her workplace at TK Road and show some support for her too haha I had a waffle with honey milk tea ice-cream (I always tell myself to be less boring and try new ice-cream flavours but every time there's milk tea in the selection I just can't resist) and it was goood but it might've been cause I was hungry.
- It's 11.35 now, I think I'll continue this later, ciao -
- Heyho I'm back-
At Starbucks now with Lianne. We just decided on our modules and did our best to schedule our lessons together HAHA I'm really glad to say my timetable looks really awesome so let's just hope I get the lecture groups and tutorial slots I want!
Anyway, back to Saturday. Started on a new book that day, it's called The Boy Who Could See Demons, by Carolyn Jess-Cooke. I've finished it already, it's a really really good book but it made me so frustrated (I just Googled 'the proper word for ugh'), but more on that later.
After Shijia was done with work we headed to town to meet Dom, Linus and Jinx. Had dinner at Spagheddies (??) at Orchard Central which was pretty decent. Servings were generous, perhaps too generous cause most of us couldn't finish our food haha
Went to Acid Bar next to Centre Point across the road for a beer. I don't get why bars have to be so dark haha.
It was a pretty interesting night, talked about stuff and JC in general. Reached home at 12.30 and conked out.
Spent Sunday lazing around as usual. It occurs to me that I only have about three or four Sundays left to waste away :( It was a rainy day and I drank tea and watched Juno and listened to Covette. Pure bliss.
Juno the movie was not as good as I remembered. The first time I watched it I remember finding Juno cool, but now that I watch it I realise how immature she actually is. Her mom was trying to teach her that it wasn't a good idea for her to spend time alone with a married man, and all she did was flare up and say, "Do you know how hard (being pregnant) is for me?" Which was completely off-topic.
Also finished my book yesterday.
Ok bye cause Lianne's overly-eager to read this
No comments:
Post a Comment