Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The sun swallowed me




Tigers Jaw's self-titled full album. Jess said I had to listen to this so I did and it's absolutely wonderful. God bless her taste in music. And, just look at that album cover. Pizza. 

Aneeways. I haven't been blogging much mainly because there's nothing much to blog about haha life has been the same old.

Had drums last Thursday where I learned new stuff, but I felt so mad that I couldn't play the snare right like my teacher told me to. Not mad at him or anybody, just felt mad at myself, which I suppose is pretty irrational since these things take time, but I have no patience. Probably why I've never gotten very far with any instrument haha but let's not go into that

Went out on Saturday with Lum and SJ to a flea at Scape. Fleas are not my thing, but I still had a great time with the two of them :) Our crazy fun times in JC are the only reason why I'd ever miss school. Also saw a gorgeous pair of brand new denim shoes that only cost 30 and would probably go for 107 in Rockstar, but they were almost sold out and there wasn't my size. Life's a biatch.

Spent Sunday at home, half-lazing around, half-doing chores since my mom went out with my dad to his old class gathering. My dad's a smart guy and went to HC and NUS (according to him, going to the U was a pretty big thing in those days since back then there was only one U in the entire country) so all his old classmates are pretty accomplished people and have super smart kids.

Apparently one kid is my age and scored straight As for A Levels, and his subjects included 4 H2s and a H3. I hate people like that. (Well, I don't really, but you get what I mean.)

Dad kept asking me to tag along to the gathering but no way. (It was fortunate I didn't go in the end because apparently no one else brought their kids)

Random: There's an angmoh with his local friend at the next table and he's speaking better Chinese than I do, wtf.

Yesterday I rotted again at home, and went down to the music school to practise for an hour in the afternoon. Still couldn't get the thingy quite right. Dang.

Today I went to collect my passport at the ICA (I kept thinking it was called the IRA, then I realised what the IRA meant. Oops.)

Had lunch at Ajisen, and now I'm at CBTL. Again. Haha. See what I meant about life being the same old?

My Drew Perry book, Kids These Days, turned out kind of boring. Maybe it's just not my kinda book. It's about this guy called Walter who sold everything and moved down to Florida, and is expecting a child with his wife Alice, and gets tangled up with his drug-dealing brother-in-law's shady businesses.

I find Walter's character paranoid to an extent that's not even comical, or maybe it's supposed to be but I'm just not feelin it. He's so terrified of parenthood I don't know why he even agreed to it in the first place.

But I'm already almost at the end of the book so maybe I'll just finish it.

K bye

No comments: